This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Kodak Picture Spots

For years I have planned to get photos at all the Kodak picture spots in Disneyland and never had gotten around to it. I am getting a group together and coming down the last week of February. Any idea now that Kodak is off Main Street how long the picture spot signage will stay up? And just in case there down by when I go does anyone know of a resource that mentions/shows all the Kodak spots. I know it's mostly nostalgia but its the end of an era amd it would be nice to get pics at those spots.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Re: Kodak Picture Spots

I think they're gone already if not then they will be gone very soon. I think there was one next to the Matterhorn and another near the ROA though I don't know exactly where for either location.

Comment

That's to bad to hear. Well if anyone knows there former locations I would be appreciative.

Thanks DisneyIPresume.
      "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Comment

They were still up Sunday when I went... I on;y remember because I saw a couple actually getting their pictures taken with the signage and thought it was a good idea. In cast they ARE down by the time you get there, I know there was one along RoA looking towards TSI.
        -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

Sunday when I was at DL I still saw the name above the Photo shop where you get your Photopass photos done right at the door.

Comment

Heres a nifty little guide to the 7 picture spots in Disneyland.

And heres one for 2 in California Adventure!

If they're still there, go for it!
            -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

Aren't these Kodak Spots marked on the park maps?
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I just went to DL, and the maps they give out still says "Guidemap Complements of Eastman Kodak Company" and the picture spots are shown on the map. I saw a picture spot sign yesterday next to Pixie Hollow. The background is the Matterhorn and its waterfall. The signs are not gone, and the photo store still says Kodak. People are jumping the gun here. Kodak is not gone.
                sigpic
                Fluffy Club Member

Comment

Very awesome @Elias1955 that was what I was looking for. Just in case the spots are down when I go I wanted to have an idea of where the signage was to take a pic as close as possible. I thought it would be kinda cool to take a photo at those spots each year and do a progression down the road. I recently found some photos when I was little in Toontown and plan on taking some current photos in the same spots.

I think there were mentioned on the maps. The main reason I was asking is when I go in late Feb if there aren't around. Interesting I only recently walked through Bug's Land and never noticed that picture spot before and I don't recall the one next to Big Thunder in the past.

But thanks so much with all that info it should be a piece of cake now even if they do take them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1955 View Post
                    Heres a nifty little guide to the 7 picture spots in Disneyland.

And heres one for 2 in California Adventure!

If they're still there, go for it!
                    Just know that the Astro Orbiter one mentioned in that blog is no longer there, as least that I could find when I was trying to photograph all of the signs. I think the Matterhorn one probably replaced it. There were two signs at the Sword in the Stone in Fantasyland, one on either side.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X