Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever wonder Where Radiator Springs is?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Did you ever wonder Where Radiator Springs is?

This Thread got me thinking.
    I found the answer in Lizzies Curio.
    Radiator Springs is located right there between Kingman and Flagstaff.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RadLoc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	7371224

Re: Did you ever wonder Where Radiator Springs is?

I did until I saw that map!

Its nice to check things off the list

Comment

I've always read it was based on the tiny town of Peach Springs, Arizona, but when I look at pictures of that town it doesn't resemble it to me. But it should be somewhere along old Route 66 between Kingman and Flagstaff. Interstate 40 replaced Route 66 there but you can still drive the old Route 66 from Kingman to Seligman and if you do drive it you pass through Peach Springs along the way. I think they fictionalized and romanticized Peach Springs to the much more enhanced and photogenic Radiator Springs.

Comment

Didn't they do kind of an amalgam of various aspects of Route 66, based on they're "imagineering" roadtrip through that area?

Comment

Didn't they do kind of an amalgam of various aspects of Route 66, based on they're "imagineering" roadtrip through that area?
          Thats how they designed Radiator Springs, yes... But shouldn't it make sense that this fictional location is in one ​solitary location?
          -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1955 View Post
            Thats how they designed Radiator Springs, yes... But shouldn't it make sense that this fictional location is in one ​solitary location?
            Certainly stands to reason

Comment

I always figured it was somewhere in Arizona or Utah.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I remember a visit I took to the Grand Canyon back in 2010 and we stopped by Grand Canyon Caverns. The Tour guide said the movie was based on the small town of Peach Springs, where these caverns are located on Route 66. Now maybe it was just promotion on the tour guides' part for the Caverns but it seems right to me. I know someone else above mentioned Peach Springs as well.

Comment

The map isn't exacting, but that IS roughly the location of Peach Springs, AZ. Check Google Maps, you'll see what I'm saying. Portions of Route 66 follow along or parallel I-40, but between Kingman and Williams, Route 66 takes a sharp curve to the north of I-40. Peach Springs is located in that curve area.

Comment

I can tell you I have driven down this area and it’s there is nothing there. The landscape is similar to the movie though. I am glad Pixar did get it right through and John Lasseter did make the town in the correct place in the park which is in Arizona not Ca as in DCA.
                    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                      I remember a visit I took to the Grand Canyon back in 2010 and we stopped by Grand Canyon Caverns. ...
                      We stopped there in late winter of 2010, but they weren't giving tours, problem with the elevator. The kids liked the Dinosaur out front.
                      Oh yeah, and that section of road has the Burma Shave signs.:thumbup:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X