This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Surf patrol

WE got a surfboard today that was supposedly used in a parade or display for Disney's surf patrol. Does anyone know what that is/was? We liked the board but thought the experts here may be able to tell us where it came from.

Re: Surf patrol

Do you have a photo? I know some of the older DCA live entertainment used surfboards. Without a photo though it's essentially stabbing in the dark.

Comment

What, what explodingboy said. Best to see what we're dealing with here before we can make accurate conclusions

Total Tender Rides: 20
      Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
      Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
      Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

I am unsure what you are talking about. I would need a photo reference to understand it.
        Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
        http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Saw this on eBay -

From the listing -

This is an original, authentic Walt Disney's Surf Patrol surfboard. It came off one of Disney's parade float or decorative display (we are not sure). This board is NEW in a sense that it has never been in the water or waxed. HOWEVER, it has been on display at Disneyland for unknown period of time, so it does show some ware, fade and has some surface scratches and a few small dings and very very very tiny holes, but still has the original glossy shine to it.

Comment

This looks like something from a pre-parade sort-of thing. This is not from any attraction in the park. It might of been in the hotel
            Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
            http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

My best guess is a prop from the now defunct Pizza Om Mow Mow in DCA?

Pizza Oom Mow Mow at Yesterland

Comment

Originally posted by sgtfox View Post
                My best guess is a prop from the now defunct Pizza Om Mow Mow in DCA?

a good friend of mine bought the surf board with the shark bite from Pizza Oom Mow Mow!!
                "Raiders Suck"
                -Walt Disney

Comment

The only thing that showed up on Google, besides this thread, are a few references to Mickey Surf Patrol shirts at the Disney Store. I wonder if this may have been part of a Disney Store POS display.

Comment

Looking at that photo, I don't think it came from Pizza Oom Mow Mow. The text on the board indicates to me that it was either from a live entertainment show, or the side of a parade float. Perhaps even a merchandise cart outdoors.

I can't seem to find anything online about it though..

Comment

I am not 100% sure, but when I saw the photo the first thing I thought of was the basketball game they had outside of the Pizza Oom Mow Mow. I believe I remember seeing it on that. Again not sure but just my first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
                        I am not 100% sure, but when I saw the photo the first thing I thought of was the basketball game they had outside of the Pizza Oom Mow Mow. I believe I remember seeing it on that. Again not sure but just my first thought.
                        It wasn't a part of the Reboundo Beach game, nor Pizza Oom Mow Mow from what I can gather.

Again, judging from the fact that the board signage has "Disney's" above it leads me to believe that it was part of a show or parade. The problem is, I can't seem to remember or find anything online about it.

For reference and photos:

Reboundo Beach at Yesterland

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X