This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Critters!

Tonight I spotted a Raccoon over at Big Thunder Trail, has anyone else seen it? It scurried off into the old rainbow mine tunnel.

I have seen other animals roaming the park but this is the first time for a raccoon.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Re: Critters!

I've only seen the occasional cat, never a raccoon! I wonder if they'll allow it to stay?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I saw a giant mouse posing for pictures in Toontown.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
        I saw a giant mouse posing for pictures in Toontown.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
        KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I Don't kown about the Racoon but Circle D Ranch takes care of and vets cats around the resort. A CM on the tram told me that they are there to get the "Mice"-inpersonators. But there is real wildlife in the park besides the ducks (can we call them wild at this point, if they are going to come up to you for your french-fry). As you remember with OC's history and the parks own history of being an Orange grove there probaly been lots of mice problems since the park opened
          Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
          http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

ORGOCH: If'n ya really wants to know the best place ta find critters at a Dizzy theme park, go ta Florida! The Tragic Kingdom down there has snakes 'n gators inside the park there! Seen 'em fer my own dang self!!

Comment

I've seen possums at the walk way entrance to Bugs Land, where all the flowers are on the left. Things was huge.

And lots and lots of cats.

Comment

In the past I'd seen a couple cats along the banks of the Rivers of America, but yesterday there was a big fluffy cat laying in the dirt across the walkway from Taste Pilot's Grill. It was only about 15 feet past the little fence. My daughter started imagining all the after-hours rides she'd go on if she was a cat who lived at Disneyland.

Comment

There are all sorts of wildlife at the parks, besides ducks.

I'll never forget this... I used to work in Fantasyland in the attractions department. I was driving Casey Jr. one day and as I was going up the hill (the "I think I can" part), a black cat came out of the bushes and onto the tracks. I was so scared, I couldn't stop the train. Thankfully it scurried back into a bush.

Speaking of Casey, I used to see king fishers all the time down by Storybook, when I drove the train. I've never seen a raccoon or a possum at the parks and I hope I never do. Raccoons are okay, I guess, but I'm terrified of possums.
                  Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I've only seen the cats sunning themselves at the back of the Hungry Bear.

It was quite interesting in WDW around Tom Sawyer Island. LOTS of birds, including the lovely herons. We were walking toward the Manor when a duck took off, flying very low. Scared the beebers out of a teenage girl who almost got hit in the head by it!
                    sigpic
                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

There's a grey cat in particular that we always see in the back of the Hungry Bear. It's got wild long hair and white whiskers and is a little fat. I often see it scavenging around for table scraps.
                      Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

There used to be some feral cats who lived under the CA Zephyr in the Sunshine Plaza.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I wonder if this cat is still around Hungry Bear. I haven't seen a cat at Hungry Bear in a while because when we've gone there are tons of people around and the cats won't come out if there are tons of people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3656.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7347785

Comment

A raccoon in Frontierland. Smart animal. Keeps the theme in the right place. If he'd been in Tomorrowland I'd be worried, but in Frontierland, that's appropriate.

Possums would fit in Frontierland, too. But heck, I've seen possums in Costa Mesa, in apartment complexes.

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                              I wonder if this cat is still around Hungry Bear. I haven't seen a cat at Hungry Bear in a while because when we've gone there are tons of people around and the cats won't come out if there are tons of people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26925[/ATTACH]
                              I saw that one last October. It's hair has grown out a bit and the face is starting to look like a bobcat.
                              Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X