This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Work on the M&F tram road

Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere. My search turned up nothing. Does anyone know how long the Tram road is being worked on near the structure? Will it be done by this weekend? The wait on the tram (which had to stop about about 15 min to let other trams by due to reduction to one lane) was a bit annoying last night. Hopefully this sort of things isn't in the card for a busy weekend.
    Does anyone have any info? Thanks.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Re: Work on the M&F tram road

Another site is also reporting that Disneyland now has the same tram policy as WDW. The entire pre-recorded spiel must be played in it's entirety before the tram leaves the station. If anyone gets on the tram during the spiel, it must be replayed in it's entirety. It'll be interesting to see how this and the construction affects tram wait times.

Comment

Joy.

What was causing the backup Monday night was: 3 trams in operation. Tram A loads up at M&F, makes an immediate right turn into the Pinnichio lot and does a full square around the perimeter. Heads back into the tram road provided that Trams B and C are not loading passengers. At this point Tram B may be loading up passengers behind Tram A or waiting in hold at the two lane road along West st along with Tram C which has just loaded up at DD and waiting for Tram A to make that Pinniochio turn and clear the road on the way to DD.

Add that full spiel to that mess and WHEEEEE. Like I said, hopefully the work will be wrapped up before the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
        Another site is also reporting that Disneyland now has the same tram policy as WDW. The entire pre-recorded spiel must be played in it's entirety before the tram leaves the station. If anyone gets on the tram during the spiel, it must be replayed in it's entirety.
        This is nonsense. The only thing it really does is it makes everyone have to wait even longer to get on a tram than it originally did. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if the trams didn't tend to get really long waits, but the problem is that they do, and doing this only makes us have to wait even longer to get on a tram...
        All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
        Trip Reports:
        From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

One could always walk and avoid the entire situation.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
            One could always walk and avoid the entire situation.
            Or use the Toy Story lot, which I normally do.
            All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
            Trip Reports:
            From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

Yes, we could walk.....which we normally do, but it's nice to have a working tram system for those nights when we feel the dogs barking after a longer than planned day. Add to that we are normally pushing a stroller with our 1-year-old aboard. Simply asking if anyone knows about the road work being done and when it will be finished. That's all.

Comment

I wish...

... that the Tram would be replaced with a People Mover-type system that would operate smoothly and continually; a large circular rotating covered platform at each end that would allow guest to enter / exit their own roomy module at their own pace; a slightly elevated track so as to exist in an even smaller footprint, so that beautiful landscaping (like the succulents, or an array of flora...) could be planted and viewed beneath; a continual loop of movement bringing guests to and from the courtyard between the two Parks and the Parking Structures at the other end...

I wish...
                "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X