This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fireworks being cancelled

Remember Dreams Come True is my absolutely favorite fireworks display and in the past 6 years, I have seen it once.

Every time I go to Disneyland when it's running, it gets cancelled. Often times I will pick my spot and camp out waiting for at least an hour or so before the fireworks. It's a very disappointing waste of Disney time when I could be off riding rides.

Are there certain weather or other signs I can check before I spend all that time waiting?

Re: Fireworks being cancelled

I would expect it's always a close to show time decision based on current conditions (wind, etc...) so even they don't know ahead of time.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Besides rain, if it's windy enough, you can guess the fireworks will be cancelled.
      Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

They are always optimistic and hold out until the last minute to cancel the fireworks, so asking in advance isn't worth much. At best, you will find a well meaning cast member simply guessing. Winds pickup and calm down on a whim. Only when there is obvious and extreme problems, a downpour, or sustained moderate winds. Otherwise, simply holdout to hope.

Comment

Sometimes mother nature is unpredictable. They have to measure upper level winds prior to show to make sure the fireworks won't veer off course. Either it's acceptable and it changes at the last moment, or it's bad hours before and they hope it turns good. You just never know.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

honestly, you can show up 15 minutes before the show and still get great viewing on Main Street in between where the buildings end and where the hub is. There's speakers right there so it's nice and loud and you have an awesome view of the castle with the fireworks.

that's my suggestion. it has always worked for me, even on the most crowded of days. that way, if it gets canceled, you didn't have to wait that long.

Comment

Listen to the weather reports on the radio or TV. If any report mentions Santa Ana Winds, it is highly likely the fireworks will be cancelled.

Also keep in mind that the wind can be perfectly calm at lower elevations and be quite windy at the level the fireworks are shot off at.

Comment

It's unfortunate when this happens but there really isn't anything you can do about it. If the weather isn't cooperating there won't be a show.

And as jayshap mentioned, you can see the fireworks just fine without waiting around for an hour. You can see the fireworks from just about anywhere. Most of the time you can even see them just fine from Downtown Disney. I have even watched a firework show from just outside the park gates.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Admittedly, the wait time is entirely my love of being "front row center" for fireworks. I am sure they are lovely from main street too. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
                    Admittedly, the wait time is entirely my love of being "front row center" for fireworks. I am sure they are lovely from main street too. Fingers crossed!
                    My favorite spot was in front of the Toontown gate, which is more than "front row center" -- it's like having the fireworks go off over your head. Speakers are kind of far back, though, but since I'd seen the show "properly" it didn't bother me. The other interesting viewing location I found was the entrance to Frontierland (near the shooting gallery) which has no audible speakers but there are moments when you are in the middle of a fireworks barrage.

Comment

it's a hit or miss with weather, you really won't know till the time off the fireworks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X