• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachane
    replied
    Re: Club 33 and Dapper Day Feb 2013

Originally posted by Meville View Post
    And dat jungle map... me wants.
    Here you go. Print it out on tan parchment paper for that antique look.

What I'm still looking for is a really good print of the original Temple of Mara map, which they haven't had in the Indy trading post for decades.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MaraMap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	7348306

Leave a comment:

• Poisonedapples
    replied

WOW I am hungry now.. and of course i think you should post that photo of that other micechatter you met up with! I think that they would approve! :lol:

but fab photo soo far!!!!

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Speaking of FOOD! This update will consist of mostly food pictures, with a few random photos thrown in.

Let's start with the bathroom (random, right?!).

The member who made our reservation reminded me to check out the ladies restroom, so I made sure to!

Yes I'm a dork and took self portraits in the mirrors. I LOVE the fact that someone else posted photos of them doing this in the same mirrors recently!

When I came back from the restroom, our first course was sitting on our table.

I was skeptical, because I am not a gourmet food type person. I honestly still don't know what this was, but we all agreed it was sooooo good and couldn't wait to see what came out next!!

But first, some ducks.

Followed by some duck:

This is, I believe, the first course to the Vintner menu. It was spectacular. I'm going to run out of adjectives to describe how wonderful the food was, so bear with me.

I did not get the 5-course Vintner, but I did get an appetizer which was this lentil soup:

It was also very good, however it was the least impressive of all the things I tried OTHER than the cheese course, which I'll get to later. Note - "least impressive" does not mean it wasn't great! Just not as out of this world as the other stuff.

Random interruption: Mics in the lights

Next course for Vintner, calamari. When it was brought to the table, our waiter dumped lobster bisque on top of it.

Main course time!!

The boys got the short ribs. In the little pot are smoke-infused potatoes. When the lid was lifted, smoke billowed out. It was really cool AND delicious!

I had the Chateaubriand. I'm so glad Spell Check knows what I mean when I try to type that word. It's basically the most ridiculously tender piece of steak I've ever had. It came with a root vegetable casserole type thing, which was also tasty.

Next on the Vintner was the cheese plate

I'm not sure how good a cheese plate can be, but I think we're just not cheese people... unless of course it's fried cheese or nacho cheese. Have I mentioned we're not used to classy food?

The final course for Vintner was dessert. This was a little overly sweet for us, but still delicious. Sorry I don't remember exactly what it is... I sure wish I had taken a picture of the menu.

And the absolute high point of my meal, which I almost didn't order because I was stuffed (the waiter INSISTED I get dessert):

It was pumpkin ice cream and chocolate cake, but it was hardly cakey at all... just chocolate decadence. I was sick from being so full, but made sure every bite of that cake was GONE! I have been dreaming about it since... Mmm...

Next we'll take a look at the balcony and say "Goodbye" to Club 33, then it's on to Dapper Day!

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Originally posted by DizneyPhotoGuy View Post
    Excellent report! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for reading!

Originally posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    The only way to make this breakfast more perfect....bacon, of course.

I have tried on several occasions but the french toast just doesn't photograph as good as it taste. It really is my favorite breakfast in the resort at the moment but it looks like meatloaf a la bananas in pictures.

Thanks for sharing Kelly. You two always look like you're having so much fun. Looking forward to more Club 33. :thumbup:
    Bacon is always an upgrade in my book. You're right, it does look like meatloaf! Haha

We do always have fun in the parks.

Originally posted by Meville View Post
    Great Report. Thanks so much for the pictures and sharing. I'm jealous that you were able to get into Club 33, but even if we did get in, I'm not sure that my family would fit in... especially since my kids are such picky eaters.

Maybe when they are older

When we were at the Club, there was a large group celebrating twin girls' birthdays. They looked to be somewhere around 9-11 years old. My friends and I were thinking that at that age, we wouldn't have appreciated the experience, nor would we have appreciated the food. Plus the meal is slow, you savor the food and the atmosphere... I don't think it's something I would have liked when I was young. If you get the chance to go, they do have a kids menu, but I would consider making it an adults-only meal or wait until they're older, like you said.

Funny enough, I have what I would consider a cheap palate. I LOVE fast food, bar food... and I typically am not a fan of "fancy food". Our meal here, though, completely changed that!

GET DAT MAP! Just ask for it from a CM at Jungle Cruise! :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• Meville
    replied

Great Report. Thanks so much for the pictures and sharing. I'm jealous that you were able to get into Club 33, but even if we did get in, I'm not sure that my family would fit in... especially since my kids are such picky eaters.

Maybe when they are older

Leave a comment:

• humphreybear62
    replied

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

The only way to make this breakfast more perfect....bacon, of course.

I have tried on several occasions but the french toast just doesn't photograph as good as it taste. It really is my favorite breakfast in the resort at the moment but it looks like meatloaf a la bananas in pictures.

Thanks for sharing Kelly. You two always look like you're having so much fun. Looking forward to more Club 33. :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• DizneyPhotoGuy
    replied

Excellent report! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Originally posted by Malina View Post
    Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your trip report. Thus far it looks as though you had a blast!
    Definitely did!! Thanks for taking a look at it!

Originally posted by TCadillac View Post
    That monorail ride to Trader Sams is usually the best ride of the day for us!
    We just recently discovered Trader Sam's, a few months ago. This was our first time taking the monorail there. Totally understand why it's the best ride!!

Originally posted by kaylas View Post
    just to add you have beautiful eyes. Anyhoo looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pictures from C33, jeez I would have had tears in my eyes too. Somebody gave me two chocolates from there with the logo and I started crying.
    Thank you so much! We did have the time of our lives. I'll never be able to thank the person who gave us this experience enough. I have two of the chocolates saved. I'm sure I'll eat the chocolate eventually since it will go bad otherwise, but I'll probably save the wrappers forever!

Leave a comment:

• kaylas
    replied

just to add you have beautiful eyes. Anyhoo looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pictures from C33, jeez I would have had tears in my eyes too. Somebody gave me two chocolates from there with the logo and I started crying.

Leave a comment:

• TCadillac
    replied

That monorail ride to Trader Sams is usually the best ride of the day for us!

Leave a comment:

• Malina
    replied

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your trip report. Thus far it looks as though you had a blast!

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Well, that last update sure was popular.

Next up is Club 33.

So after Trader Sam's we went and rode a couple more rides, then headed back to our hotel to change into our formal attire for our dinner reservations at Club 33. We started hanging around the Club 33 area at about 5:15 because we were anxious, so we took a few photos by the sign.

As we approached 5:30, a group had gathered out front. We thought maybe it was tourists checking out the door and sign, like we've done in the past, but soon found out it was people waiting to get in. We were disappointed with the attire most were wearing - shorts, t-shirts, etc. We were by far the most dressed up.

At about 5:45 I pressed the button. During this picture, I realized I had to actually lift the flap, THEN push a button. Go me.

We waited a few minutes for our party to be called, then walked into the lobby.

I had tears in my eyes.

I of course had to take a picture in the lift/elevator, which is much smaller than I had imagined!

I was excited by anything with the 33 emblem on it

We were sat in the trophy room, which made me even more excited as this is the room I've heard most about!! My husband and I took turns walking around and taking random photos. I apologize they're not as good quality as others have posted here.

All of this excitement and we haven't even started our meal...

PLUS the amazing bathroom!! )

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Now we start Saturday. Almost to the good stuff!

We started our morning out with Soarin'.

I have to give my friend credit for this fantastic photo bomb. Thanks, Matt. Butthead.

Then we took another ride on Junkyard Jamboree. I made the boys sit together for my own amusement.

See how amused I am?

Next we decided it was time for breakfast, and since we were in the area we checked out Flo's.

We got the french toast and tamale, then split our meals half and half so we could each try it. Have I mentioned we like food? We like it. A lot.

As for these particular dishes, I preferred the tamale. The French toast is MASSIVE, and pretty good, but I thought the salted caramel sauce was overly salty.

After getting full stomachs, we headed to California Screamin'. Note: I do not recommend this ride on a full stomach.

Then to Toy Story Midway Mania, where I am reminded of how very unconditioned my arm muscles are (and every other muscle I have, except maybe whatever I use for chewing):

After this we took a spin on Sky School then headed back to the area by Monsters, Inc where I wanted to do our Disney VISA Meet n' Greet, which I've never done despite having this credit card for at least a couple years. To my complete and utter delight, we got to meet STITCH!!

He slimed me. Jealous?

I took a quick break at the seating area by House of Cards

And learned to not sit in plastic furniture without first checking for puddles of water on said furniture.

With a soaked bottom, I decided it was time for another round on ToT

My pose was lame so I didn't bother snapping a photo of it. Sorry to disappoint, but I'll make up for it later!

We then went on Indiana Jones (15 minute wait), grabbed a fast pass for it, then went to Jungle Cruise.

Thanks to MiceChat, I learned that you can ask for a map of Jungle Cruise. This baby is getting FRAMED!

At this point our Fastpasses were up for Indiana Jones, so we took another trip on there. I never tire of that ride.

On the way out of Adventureland, I stopped to take a picture with Jasmine whom I have never met!

We then hopped on the Monorail (my first ride since I can remember) to get to Trade Sam's

We hung out with our two favorite bartenders, and enjoyed some adult beverages for a couple hours.

I also got to meet up with a fellow MiceChatter, but I won't post her picture here unless she approves.

Next up is Club 33. Yay!! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

Aw. shucks. You all are making me blush!

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Very nice! Keep them coming! I enjoy your Trip Reports! You look familiar, I may or may not seen you in the parks before,
    Maybe?! I have a pretty familiar face, it seems haha

If you see me again, say "hi"!!

Leave a comment:

• jbean
    replied

We're all waiting for more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X