X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• montanamouse
    replied
    Re: Which rides and attractions you skip?

None.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
    OP try leaving your glasses on for Space Mountain. I to wear glasses and it's all good you could always keep your hand on them if you are worried. I actually don't take mine off at DL at Magic Mountain different story. As far as missing attractions I don't really have any except for maybe those bumper car things in the bug area those are one of the lamest attractions I have ever seen LOL everything else is fair game if i am in the mood.
    The first time I rode Space Mountain I actually had my glasses on because I didn't know how fast the ride went. I spent a majority of the ride with one hand on the lap bar and the other hand on my frames. It's the only ride I take my glasses off for.

Leave a comment:

• biggsworth
    replied

OP try leaving your glasses on for Space Mountain. I to wear glasses and it's all good you could always keep your hand on them if you are worried. I actually don't take mine off at DL at Magic Mountain different story. As far as missing attractions I don't really have any except for maybe those bumper car things in the bug area those are one of the lamest attractions I have ever seen LOL everything else is fair game if i am in the mood.

Leave a comment:

• LangenFox
    replied

My list of ride/attractions I skip.

DL
    -Autopia
    -Innoventions
    -Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    -Casey Jr.
    -Tarzan's Treehouse
    -Mad Tea Party
    -Jedi Training Academy (Depends on what day)
    -Astro Orbitor (Obviously)
    -Dumbo
    -King Arthur Carrousel
    -Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
    -Some of Toontown

DCA
    -Jumpin' Jellyfish
    -Golden Zephyr
    -Grizzly River Run (I'd wish I rode that ride once)
    -Turtle Talk with Crush
    -It's Tough to be a Bug
    -Tower of Terror
    -California Screamin'

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    replied

Autopia.

Monorail. (now if they ever extend it to the future third park...)

Innoventions

Submarine

Casey Jr. & Toontown except Roger Rabbit.

Canoes (which never seem to be operating since we only visit midweek in the off seasons.)

Astro Oribiter.

DCA entire.

Last edited by greenalfonzo; 03-01-2013, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I love to stand and watch The California Screamin ride launch. However, that's the closest that I will ever get to ever riding the ride, which I won't do.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied

Since I have a heart condition, I will never, EVER go on California Screamin' again.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

It's perfect in the fact that it's not perfect for everyone. If that makes any sense.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
    i seem to be the opposite of everyone, lol... i love being thrown around in a ride, or turned upside down! anyways, i usually skip innoventions, autopia, tom sawyer island, small world (unless i'm with children) and most of the 'kiddie' rides in fantasyland. dca i'll skip the silly symphony swings, golden zepher, and again, the 'kiddie' rides (jumping jellyfish, all of bugs land) again, unless i'm with children. i usually have limited time, so i want the more thrilling stuff, lol!
    This is what makes DL so enjoyable; no matter what you like or don't like, there's something for everyone. Very few places can make that claim.

Leave a comment:

• Avaren
    replied

i seem to be the opposite of everyone, lol... i love being thrown around in a ride, or turned upside down! anyways, i usually skip innoventions, autopia, tom sawyer island, small world (unless i'm with children) and most of the 'kiddie' rides in fantasyland. dca i'll skip the silly symphony swings, golden zepher, and again, the 'kiddie' rides (jumping jellyfish, all of bugs land) again, unless i'm with children. i usually have limited time, so i want the more thrilling stuff, lol!

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

No Tower of Terror, California Screamin, Swinging Cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel. No Goofy's Sky School, Jumpin Jellyfish, or Silly Symphony Swings. Definitely No Tough To Be A Bug.

No Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Storybookland, Autopia, Astro Orbitor. Tom Sawyer Island.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied

I don't like being turned upside-down, dropped, thrown side-to-side or anything that makes me dizzy. So I don't go on any rides that do any of the above.

Leave a comment:

• Drewfilmboy
    replied

One thing I wish my friends and I didn't skip is Matterhorn. Every trip my friends want to skip it and think I'm crazy for even wanting to ride it because we rode the Tomorrowland track after the refurb and all of my friends came off bruised and beaten.

Other than that, I usually skip whatever has a long line.

Leave a comment:

• ssaamm
    replied

Tea cups always, Dumbo, Gadgets Go and Autopia are attractions I haven't been on since I was a young kid. Never been on Astro Orbiter and don't really plan on ever going on it. Same with all the rides in Paradise Pier other than Screamin', Toy Story and the Little Mermaid. Most things in a Bugs Land too I've either never been on or haven't for years and don't ever plan on going back on them.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

I forgot some others I usually skip.

Astro Orbiter
    The Enchanted Tiki Room (when I have my way)
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Innoventions
    Tower of Terror
    California Screamin'

Leave a comment:

• frollofan
    replied

Let's see. Mr. Lincoln n Main Street. Everything in Fantasyland and Toontown (except Matterhorn), Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Innoventions, Captian EO, Monorail, and Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland. Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Tarzan's Treehouse in Adventureland. Mark Twain, Columbia, and Tom Sawyer's Island in Frontierland. Lastly, Winnie the Pooh and Canoes in Critter Country. I may go on a few of these on rare occasions (like Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise), but the rides not listed are the ones I generally always go on.

Leave a comment:

• Chesire
    replied

Pirates.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Splash Mountain. The ride itself is fun, but I can't stand Zip-a-dee-do-da. That song clogs my head more than Small World, so I tend to not ride this one.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFan28
    replied

DL:
    Splash mountain
    Space Mountain
    Fantasyland rides,except for Peter Pan,Snow white,and Pinocchio( Lines too long at times)

DCA:
    Almost all of the Pier, except TSMM
    Tower of Terror(Haven't been on this ride yet, but its a skip so far)
    Crush Turtle Talk( i mostly skip this due to Im usually in the workshop or the Animation classes by the start ,and 2. Ive seen mostly little kids go to this show)
    Bugs Land (Only went through this place..looks like fun though)

Leave a comment:

• j11
    replied

Listing rides. Some rides I skip on one visit, and on another I skip the ones I did the previous visit. Some are rides I'm willing to skip most of the time anyhow.
    In DL I skip:
    - Monorail
    - DL Railroad [skipping this one makes me kinda sad]
    - King Arthur's Carousel
    - Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    - Dumbo
    - Alice in Wonderland
    - Casey Jr. Circus Train
    - Storybook Land Canal Boats
    - Astro Orbitor
    - Autopia
    - Star Tours
    - Nemo's Submarine Voyage
    - Mark Twain/Columbia [same as DL railroad]
    - Davy Crockett's Canoes
    - Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    - ToonTown

In DCA
    - Jumpin' Jellyfish
    - Silly Symphony Wings
    - King Triton's Carousel
    - Mickey's Fun Wheel
    - TS Midway Mania
    - Monster's Inc.
    - A Bug's Land

I skip these because some I just don't like and I've already experienced most of these at least once, and so has everyone else I usually visit the park with. And we're all in our 20s. So...yeah, there's also that mindset. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X