Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Which rides and attractions you skip?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrFink
    started a topic [Fun] Which rides and attractions you skip?

Which rides and attractions you skip?

I'm heading back in May and I was thinking about which rides I'm not going to waste the time on. Are there any rides/attractions that you guys skip whenever you go or plan on skipping on your next trip? Why do you skip them?

These are the ones I intend to pass over...

It's a Small World: I just don't like the ride and never have. I got dragged on it by my cousins last year but whenever I have the chance and choice I don't even go near it.

Autopia: If I wanted to drive I would just drive my real car. It doesn't stink and I don't have to wait 45min to do so.

Toon Town: I usually skip TT in general because it's always so crowded and there really isn't anything to do if you're over the age of 8. The wait times to meet the characters in their houses are too long, too. I'll go in TT to do Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and the Go Coaster if the line is short but that's about it. I also do TT at night because most of the children have run off to bed.

Matterhorn Bobsleds: I really don't feel like having back pain for the whole week.

Space Mountain: This is a maybe. It depends on if the others in my party want to ride. It's just a bit pointless for me because I take off my glasses to ride stuff that goes this fast. It's just waiting in line for 45min to get wind the face in the dark for me.

Finding Nemo Submarines: I just don't care for it. I've been on it twice and that's enough for me. It's claustrophobic, the line takes forever, and is mostly just tv screens underwater.

Peter Pan's Flight: I'll spend the 45min somewhere else.

Soarin' Over California: Never been a big fan, but I think the ride itself is starting to look pretty shabby. They need to refurbish the screen and add some new footage.

I'd like to spend the time I'll be saving on doing stuff I don't usually do like walk through Bug's Land and do Grizzly River Run. I'd also like to fully explore Cars Land and ride more than RSR.

*I also just realized I forgot to add the word "do" in the thread title. Oops.

• Trumpet
    replied
    Re: Which rides and attractions you skip?

Personally, I would miss Buzz Lightyear and TSMM. If one person in my party gets a poor shooter, then it is no fun.

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet
    replied

Good choices, but I love Space Moubtain. I like that you can't see where you are going.

Leave a comment:

• KellyMcG86
    replied

I used to skip Tow Mater, but we recently rode it and now I LOVE it. We also recently rode Luigi's Flying Tires... once was enough.

Friday I rode the swinging car on the ferris wheel - NEVER AGAIN.

Leave a comment:

• LangenFox
    replied

Oh and one more I forgot to add.

Captain EO Tribute. I'm done with that old classic, I hope it comes out for Blu-ray 3D....

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

Originally posted by Big Phil View Post
    Also not sure I'll do Finding Nemo Voyage again. You're awfully cramped in there.
    Last time I went on Nemo I got stuck in the very front of the submarine for what seemed like 10min before the doors even shut because there was a massive family with about 6 kids that couldn't seem to figure out how to board properly. Then the kids kept sneezing the whole ride.

Never again.

Leave a comment:

• Skimbob
    replied

DL
    Tiki Room Tiki Room Tiki Room Oh did I say Tiki room.
    Dumbo
    Carousel
    Splash Mountain
    Tarzan
    Casey Jr.
    TT
    Space Mountain
    Innoventions
    Autotopia
    Nemo
    Astro Orbiter

DCA
    Bugs Land
    California Screamin
    Silly Swings
    Goofy's Sky School
    Luigi's
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Leave a comment:

• Big Phil
    replied

I tend to skip the Mad Tea Party. It doesn't mean I won't stand around and watch it once in a while but it is one of those "been on it once" type of things. When we went to Disneyland last year we skipped out on Star Tours. I've done it at WDW and to be honest that ride along with Mission Space at Epcot aren't my favourites. I am not a huge fan of simulator rides. They have one at Sea World Orlando too which you can ride to get to the Polar bear enclosure but to me those things just throw off my balance. Borderline headaches for me. I know Star Tours had a refurb and all but the line was too long for me to check out.

Also not sure I'll do Finding Nemo Voyage again. You're awfully cramped in there.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkbelle
    replied

We usually skip:

At Disneyland:
    All of Toontown
    Storybook Canal
    Mr. Toad
    Peter Pan! (We LOVE it but we usually skip because of the lines )
    Nemo
    Innoventions
    Starcade
    Buzz (I've noticed we have started skipping this. I think it just isn't as exciting as it once was to us or our kids. It might be because there is now TSMM in DCA)
    Astro Orbiter (line moves too slow)
    Mr. Lincoln
    Main St. cinema
    The Columbia
    Tom Sawyer's Island

At DCA we usually skip:

The Muppets (unless there is a movie preview in there)
    Monsters Inc.
    Aladdin
    Playhouse
    All of Bug's land (except sometimes daughter does the bumper cars)
    Luigi's Tires
    Mater's
    The Funwheel, Zephyr, Jellyfish, Boardwalk Games
    Grizzly River Rapids (don't like to get soaked)
    World of Color! (We like it when we can see it but have decided that it is just too crowded and the viewing area wasn't planned right. You can almost never see what is going on. Too many heads, arms, and ipads in the way).

Our musts at Disneyland (trip is not complete if we don't do it)

Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., BTMRR, Pirates, Tea Cups, Small World, Canoes, Mark Twain, Disney Railroad, Tarzan's Treehouse, Billy Hill and Hillbillies, Cafe Orleans, Fireworks, soaking in the atmosphere of Main St. and whole west side of the park.

Our musts at DCA

Animation Building, TOT, Soarin', Screamin', TSMM, the Silly Symphony Swings!, RSR, and enjoying Buena Vista St.

#1 attraction I wish they would bring back: The Skyway

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    I definitely never never skip space mountain it's hard to understand why you do. In my opinion it's fun to go fast thought the dark with wind rushing through your face
    I tend to skip Space Mountain as well. I think it's highly overrated and would much rather go on Big Thunder or the Matterhorn where there is some actual show elements. But that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

Because of problems with spinning, I have never ridden the Rocket Jets, and haven't been on Tea Cups since I was about 10. We usually don't get to ToonTown or Critter Country unless we want to ride the canoes. Also haven't been on the Columbia since my teen years. Now hubby is in scooter, so that one is out anyway. Depends on lines for other rides which we go on. Other than the ones mentioned, I'm pretty open

Leave a comment:

• Fernando Mendez
    replied

I definitely never never skip space mountain it's hard to understand why you do. In my opinion it's fun to go fast thought the dark with wind rushing through your face

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied

Personally, I skip Star Wars, California Screamin', Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Silly Symphonies and the Fun Wheel. All are motion sickness inducing.
    Note on the Fun Wheel: I don't get motion sickness on this one strangely, but my wife and daughter don't like to ride it, so I stay off too.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into some ear pieces and straps for my trip in May.

Leave a comment:

• johnnylv
    replied
    Space Mountain: This is a maybe. It depends on if the others in my party want to ride. It's just a bit pointless for me because I take off my glasses to ride stuff that goes this fast. It's just waiting in line for 45min to get wind the face in the dark for me.

Dr. Fink, I wear glasses and get to enjoy "seeing" Space Mountain and BTMRR too. I bought a pair of Croakies to slip over the ear pieces on my glasses, then slip them even tighter for a snug fit. I don't miss a thing anymore.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X