This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Cars Land Mater's Ride

Has anybody been on the Mater's ride at DCA? I am going in May and I am wondering if it is worth the wait. First time poster btw.

Re: Cars Land Mater's Ride

It is a fun ride. I would check it out if you have time. Please tell us your opinions after your trip
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

I think it's a fun ride(the theme song makes the ride) and the wait time was less than 15 min when I went.

Comment

It's a lot of fun. And while you wait in queue, there is tons of great theming to pass the time.

Comment

Worth the short wait. Fun to ride and like RosevilleDisfan says, the square dance call by Mater is great. It's more fun than a barrel of monkey wrenches!
          ​ Yes

Comment

I am also going in May and plan on checking this ride out along with Luigi's Flying Tires.
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

The most common things I've heard from people ( friends or strangers in line with us ) on the last three trips to Carsland was that they seemed to enjoy the value of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree over Luigi's Flying Tires. I am by no means saying it's a better ride or that I think that way, just passing along the consistent observation.

Personally I love Luigi's because it's a re-visioned version of an old Disneyland ride and I finally get to ride the thing. I respect that the technology that went into it seems to be more than that of Maters.

....and yet I really have to focus on the word "value" and point out that you'll typically have a shorter line for Mater's for a ride that takes about the same time and might come off as more fun because it really whips you around. I love Luigi's but have to notice that not everyone has a great time on it. Some people have a frustrating time because they're not clear on how to fly the tire, or maybe they get boxed in by a few other customers and their whole ride is being stuck in a corner.

They're both good. If you went to DCA and didn't go on them I think it would be a regrettable shame.

Comment

The good thing about it is that you won't have to wait in a long line.

Welcome to MC!
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I only had time for one or the other, and I was more intrigued with Luigi's.

I won't ever go on it again, it was a waste of time.

Maybe Mater's a better ride...

Comment

It's super fun and so cute! I like while waiting in line when you can see the ride, looking at kids either having the time of their lives or holding on for dear life and screaming. (Just interesting to see some kids love it, some kids are traumatized for some reason). Anyhow, my friend pointed out to me last time we went that all the cars have different shaped mouths which I never noticed before. I like the ride a lot. It's themed really well and I like listening to Mater's singing.
                    Go. Live your dream.

Comment

when i went in september, luigi's had a 30 min wait, and mater's had a 5 (!) so we went on it. it's really actually fun... like and old school fair's 'salt and pepper shaker' or 'whip' carnival ride. we never actually made it in to luigi's, the wait was always way too long, but we hit mater's a couple of times.

Comment

We love MJJ! I laugh during the whole ride.
                        The best part is before the ride when Mater delivers the safety instructions in English and Spanish.

Comment

Speaking of Mater's ride, does anyone know why it's under a tent today? I didn't see it on the refurb schedule. It kind of looks like a fumigation tent, minus the big, colorful stripes.
                          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by The First Star View Post
                            Speaking of Mater's ride, does anyone know why it's under a tent today? I didn't see it on the refurb schedule. It kind of looks like a fumigation tent, minus the big, colorful stripes.
                            They are repainting it I believe with paint that is supposed to last longer. As for the attraction I love it. I think they nailed the spirit of Mater perfectly with it.
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

Is this ride like the Teacups, though? I have watched POV's on YouTube and it kind of looks like that.

I never ride the cups because I have vertigo issues so I would hate to wait in line only to be unpleasantly surprised.
                              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X