When are we going to get Star Wars land?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediPrincess
    MiceChatter
    • Dec 2009

[Idea] When are we going to get Star Wars land?

So when are we going to get Star Wars land? We have a Bug's land and Cars land, when are we going to get Star Wars land? I am hoping soon!
  • j11
    MiceChatter
    • Oct 2011

Re: When are we going to get Star Wars land?

idk but I hope its in a 3rd park so that it does Star Wars justice and that franchise doesn't interfere with DL too much. Heck, I'm surprised why Lucas never built a Star Wars theme park.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Comment

• Trumpet
      New Member Goes Forth
      • Oct 2011

Personally, the Disneyland resort does not need to have Star Wars Land. There are enough good lands at the moment. However, it would be great at WDW, as they desperatly need something new, and not a clone of another land, Cars Land.
      The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

• ssaamm
        Banned User
        • Jun 2010

Possibly never? The only park worldwide thats had any sort of rumor of getting a Star Wars land is Disneyland Paris and even thats a sub land of Tomorrowland. Not saying California will never get a Star Wars land, but where would it go? Wouldn't really fit anywhere in DCA and it could possibly go in a Tomorrland expansion, but I've heard more Avengers and Marvel rumors than Star Wars for that. I think if California does see a Star Wars land it would be in a third park.

Comment

• XxBellaThornxX
          A Pirate's Life For Me...
          • Aug 2007

Since they can't have Marvel in WDW due to Universal, I see Star Wars having a big presence in FL. Besides, they already do Star Wars Weekends. I think it would just make the most sense there.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

• Spence
            Dead men tell no tales.
            • Sep 2012

Hopefully never, the Jedi training academy are both in TL and in my opinion that's plenty of representation in the park.

Comment

• GrumpyInBoise
              Banned User
              • Nov 2012

Whatever they do, hopefully it will be themed around the original movie and/or its two sequels. I disliked the new ones so much that I got rid of the DVDs. There were certain elements of them that I liked, but in general I'm of the opinion that they should not have been made; they weren't neccessary.

Comment

• calsig31
                -
                • Aug 2009

If Disneyland gets one, I would hope it would be an expansion to the park and not a makeover of Tomorrowland as "Star Wars Land".
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• jasmineray
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jun 2012

Who said we were ever getting one? I hope it doesn't happen, since there's no proper fit for it.
                  Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

• Diznygrl
                    MiceChatter
                    • Apr 2010

Hopefully never :beg:, but a separate park themed entirely to Star Wars might be kind of cool.

Comment

• calsig31
                      -
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                      Hopefully never :beg:, but a separate park themed entirely to Star Wars might be kind of cool.
                      I really think that is the only way to do it justice. There are so many worlds to explore that it would be hard to put it all into one land without making it feel like a bunch of rides clumped together.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• DLFan1995
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                        If Disneyland gets one, I would hope it would be an expansion to the park and not a makeover of Tomorrowland as "Star Wars Land".
                        There's nowhere for Tomorrowland to expand to.

Comment

• calsig31
                          -
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DLFan1995 View Post
                          There's nowhere for Tomorrowland to expand to.
                          Who said expand Tomorrowland? I was referring to a park expansion as an entirely different land. I specifically said I don't want to see a Tomorrowland makeover.

Comment

• Illusion0fLife
                            Filmmaker
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
                            Personally, the Disneyland resort does not need to have Star Wars Land. There are enough good lands at the moment. However, it would be great at WDW, as they desperatly need something new, and not a clone of another land, Cars Land.
                            I concur with this. Star Wars Land really wouldn't fit very well at either of the Anaheim Parks, and the ideal place for it is in the already Lucas themed corner of DHS. That's the right place for a dedicated Star Wars land, not Disneyland.
                            sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

• DisneylandTraveler
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jun 2011

Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise, I always thought park expansion based on Star Wars attractions needs to go to WDW where they have the necessary room to do justice to the project. The Star Wars weekends are hugely popular and new attractions would have guests pouring into the resort hotels. And I'm a west coast guy. The only way it would in the Disneyland resort is if the never ending clamoring for a 3rd Gate finally comes to fruition.
                              Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

• bondfan2000
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2012

Incredible that you asked that question, as I was just speaking to a friend of mine who works "at the park" just yesterday, about this very subject. She said, though it's not "official" right now, that they have started to relocate the employee parking over by CA, and have told the employees that in 2015 the Star Wars land will be opened there, and that they "may have" a tunnel going from Tomorrowland to SW land, or it may be a shuttle, like "Star Tours" that will transport you from Tomorrowland, thru "space" and then touchdown in SWland, which sounds like a great idea. I don't know how they would pull it off like that. The employees were told that it will be a "third land", with a separate admission required, just like WDW!
                                She also told me that they were planning to relocate Star Tours to that land, and put the shuttle transportation area where Star Tours is located right now. Might be just another rumor, or just a bunch of BS, but that's what I was told.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, she's kind of mad because the "exec" that was reporting this news stated that the opening was going to be on a certain date in 2015, which just so happened to be the SAME day as the opening of the "Harry Potter" area in Universal Studios, Hollywood! Her family and her are BIG Harry Potter fans, and they are all really ticked off about it!

Anyway, just a rumor right now....

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
                                  Quiet As A Mouse!
                                  • Mar 2010

I rather see Stars Wars and Marvel in a seperate park rather than a Star Wars Land, :)
                                  I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                                  - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

• calsig31
                                    -
                                    • Aug 2009

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have it on good authority (from the guy with the "will work for food" sign on the corner of Harbor and Katella) that Denny's will be leveled in order to add Mustafar to the park.

Comment

• chesirecat
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by bondfan2000 View Post
                                      Incredible that you asked that question, as I was just speaking to a friend of mine who works "at the park" just yesterday, about this very subject. She said, though it's not "official" right now, that they have started to relocate the employee parking over by CA, and have told the employees that in 2015 the Star Wars land will be opened there, and that they "may have" a tunnel going from Tomorrowland to SW land, or it may be a shuttle, like "Star Tours" that will transport you from Tomorrowland, thru "space" and then touchdown in SWland, which sounds like a great idea. I don't know how they would pull it off like that. The employees were told that it will be a "third land", with a separate admission required, just like WDW!
                                      She also told me that they were planning to relocate Star Tours to that land, and put the shuttle transportation area where Star Tours is located right now. Might be just another rumor, or just a bunch of BS, but that's what I was told.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, she's kind of mad because the "exec" that was reporting this news stated that the opening was going to be on a certain date in 2015, which just so happened to be the SAME day as the opening of the "Harry Potter" area in Universal Studios, Hollywood! Her family and her are BIG Harry Potter fans, and they are all really ticked off about it!

Anyway, just a rumor right now....
                                      The ideas for the third gate involve a unique transportation from the Esplanade to the employee parking lot. Makes sense, you buy your tickets for whatever park/park hopper, and have your choice of DCA, Third Gate or Disneyland. Doubt that they would also have this transportation system also go to Tomorrowland, waste of space.

Anyway, that is supposedly the reason why the Esplanade has a lot of temporary structures, they are figuring about pulling the trigger on the third park, if they do they'll probably totally change the Esplanade to allow for one end of this transportation system.

Comment

• sbk1234
                                        formerly very helpful
                                        • Sep 2007

Speaking as a massive Star Wars fan; I even liked the prequels and Clone Wars; I hope never. As has been said already, there is more than enough Star Wars represented in Disneyland. I'd just like to see Tomorrowland done in the most spectacular, non-franchise-specific way possible. If they want to include attractions from specific movies or whatnot, that's fine. But there are a lot of good ideas out there that they don't need to simply base a land off of a pre-existing property.
                                        Even though I've little doubt they'd do it well.
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X