Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about CM compliments

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about CM compliments

    Hi, I was just wondering if a CM or someone else knows the answer to this....


    if a guest fills out a CM compliment at City Hall, do the powers that be at DL do anything special for that CM?

    My daughter works at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and if someone fills out a compliment card for an employee , they get some kind of reward. My daughter has gotten some free passes to go bowling and play laser tag as well as some cute stationary and notebooks and things like that.

    I would love to know if Disney does anything like this because it always makes my day when a CM seems to really enjoy his/her job and makes a good impression on the guests.

  • #2
    Re: Question about CM compliments

    Depending on the CM's managment we usually get Mousecar Moola which can be used in special vending machines around the resort for candy, meal vouchers, and other goodys! Compliments also go towards winning "Mousecars" (a yearly awards show for CM's) and of course it looks good for the individual CM.
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about CM compliments

      Originally posted by Princess Buttercup
      Hi, I was just wondering if a CM or someone else knows the answer to this....


      if a guest fills out a CM compliment at City Hall, do the powers that be at DL do anything special for that CM?

      My daughter works at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and if someone fills out a compliment card for an employee , they get some kind of reward. My daughter has gotten some free passes to go bowling and play laser tag as well as some cute stationary and notebooks and things like that.

      I would love to know if Disney does anything like this because it always makes my day when a CM seems to really enjoy his/her job and makes a good impression on the guests.

      I have a friend that I got to know from going to the park. I filled out a guest compliment form. He told me that he recieved a lot of praise from his managers. It definately looks good for them and they do find out about it, which is good. I'm sure it makes their day.


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about CM compliments

        Personally speaking. What I got when I would get cast member compliments from City Hall working for Stores, is the simple note on a somewhat nice card saying "you received a guest compliment on this date(fill in the blank), thank you for showing the magic, etc." Or something to that effect. And then it's usually stamp signed by your line of business director of operations and the president of Disneyland. That's about it.

        Nothing spectacular. Maybe it's different in other areas of work, but they really don't do much to inspire you.

        Essentially it's like receiving mail. And it's a shame at that for how much we in general go out of the way. People can and do go out of their way for things and it shouldn't go unnoticed, but it is also part of our job too.

        Like I said, maybe it's different for other parts of Disneyland, but that's how it is in stores.

        Bye.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about CM compliments

          We always make a point to give a written compliment at least once each trip. Just a little something that we like to give back to the well deserving CM's.

          Glad to see that they get perks from it as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about CM compliments

            I've heard that they go with your file in human resources and when it comes time for a raise or promotion, those complements are considered.

            It depends on the department as to how these are handled. I never got a guest complement, but one of my leads filed an inter-dapartment complement for me for helping out one day. Those got displayed in the custodial, one went in my file and the other was entered in a drawing, for what I can't remember.
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



            Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

            DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about CM compliments

              This is probably a silly question...I've only been to DL 5 times and never knew that I could compliment the CMs at city hall until reading these boards...
              The question is: can I compliment a CM from our last visit (Sept 05) when we go to DL next month?

              We had the nicest greeter over @ GCH entrance to DCA. He was a short, sweet, older gentleman (late 60's? early 70's?) I know I can find his name because he chatted w/DD and signed her autograph book (he said he was the "eight dwarf" LOL)...we took a picture with him, he just made my daughter crack up so much and went out of his way to call her Princess, and ask her which characters she had seen and which ones she was still missing, etc.

              I'll definitely write him a compliment next month if it's not too late!

              Thanks, sorry to Hijack the thread PB!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question about CM compliments

                Originally posted by LuvDLand
                This is probably a silly question...I've only been to DL 5 times and never knew that I could compliment the CMs at city hall until reading these boards...
                The question is: can I compliment a CM from our last visit (Sept 05) when we go to DL next month?

                We had the nicest greeter over @ GCH entrance to DCA. He was a short, sweet, older gentleman (late 60's? early 70's?) I know I can find his name because he chatted w/DD and signed her autograph book (he said he was the "eight dwarf" LOL)...we took a picture with him, he just made my daughter crack up so much and went out of his way to call her Princess, and ask her which characters she had seen and which ones she was still missing, etc.

                I'll definitely write him a compliment next month if it's not too late!

                Thanks, sorry to Hijack the thread PB!

                If he had a NY accent that would be Chappy (i think). That the only old man I know of over there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about CM compliments

                  Depends on how "in touch" that Cast Member's management is. Most of the time, especially in the Parks, the Cast Member will probably never know that they got your Guest compliment... unless they happen to notice it on their record card.

                  Now when I was at the DLH Front Desk, I got my Guest compliments in a pretty timely matter (within a few days for two of my Guest letters). Like I said, it really depends on which department they work and how "in touch" their managers are.

                  Now for most all if you file a Guest complaint, the Cast Member will probably hear about it within a few hours, if not a few days. Too bad compliments are not given the same priority.
                  Burnt Toast
                  The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about CM compliments

                    Originally posted by Burnt Toast
                    Now for most all if you file a Guest complaint, the Cast Member will probably hear about it within a few hours, if not a few days. Too bad compliments are not given the same priority.

                    Sadly, that's pretty common at a lot of places.


                    Thanks for the info folks....I'm really glad to hear the CM's do get something ....recognition , mula , etcetera.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about CM compliments

                      Not really on the same subjent, but whats with all the ride CM's lately...NO, I did not complain about them, but they really are getting some "winners" working there. The woman behind the desk at check in, both women doing bag checks for the monorail, and the kid standing in front od space mountain telling everyone it was closed, but he was rude and cocky about it. I would have rather read a sign then listen to him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about CM compliments

                        Originally posted by FromWithin
                        Depending on the CM's managment we usually get Mousecar Moola which can be used in special vending machines around the resort for candy, meal vouchers, and other goodys! Compliments also go towards winning "Mousecars" (a yearly awards show for CM's) and of course it looks good for the individual CM.
                        In the Entertainment Division, they call those "Applause Tokens". Every department has a different name for them. Getting a written compliment doesn't translate into getting a token-- but just getting the compliment is a wonderful thing for the cast member.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Question about CM compliments

                          Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                          Not really on the same subjent, but whats with all the ride CM's lately...NO, I did not complain about them, but they really are getting some "winners" working there. and the kid standing in front od space mountain telling everyone it was closed, but he was rude and cocky about it. I would have rather read a sign then listen to him.
                          1. Wouldn't you become a little annoyed if you had to be stuck outside of ride telling people who had just came across the park, just to ride the ride tell them its closed and them having them act like it is your personal fault that its broken. On top of that People with Fastpasses coming back worrying they won't be able to use it, Asking you whats wrong with it, over and over again knowing that you can't tell them and even if you did they would not know what the hell an "Intrussion in Zone 6 that caused an E-stop" means.

                          2. While I am sure you would be fine with a sign that said "Space Mountain Is closed" Think about the PR mess it would create. People with fastpasses people not knowing that it will reopen. People who have families who might be stuck on the ride. People Don't read signs. They hardly listen to cast Members. A sign is a horrible Idea.

                          3. If you don't want to listen to the cast member than remove yourself from the area and go where its quite. Cast members have to stay where they are at, whether they are getting Yelled at or if they are in an area with high decibels. It is DOSH that dictates where people have to be during a downtime, if you have a problem about where a castmember is on rides contact DOSH.

                          Division of Occupational and Health
                          1515 Clay Street, Suite 1901
                          Oakland, CA 94612
                          (510) 286-7000
                          Fax (510) 286-7038

                          4. The reason why i took this time to point out the flaws in your "Sign Logic" is that a person put in a complaint at city hall about cast members being rude outside of space mountain during a downtime. The person who complained went up to the cast members and claimed that they should really put up a sign and that they were being to loud, and annoying her.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Question about CM compliments

                            Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                            Not really on the same subjent, but whats with all the ride CM's lately...NO, I did not complain about them, but they really are getting some "winners" working there. The woman behind the desk at check in, both women doing bag checks for the monorail, and the kid standing in front od space mountain telling everyone it was closed, but he was rude and cocky about it. I would have rather read a sign then listen to him.
                            I agree with you. The newest CM's are the dumbest, laziest, don't give a crap about anyone but themselves people.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Question about CM compliments

                              Originally posted by Wizard69
                              I agree with you. The newest CM's are the dumbest, laziest, don't give a crap about anyone but themselves people.
                              I feel that part of it has to do with the ease of getting the job there. Heck, the kids hanging out in DTD can talk to the rep at the cart and probably pick up the application there (I'm just assuming). Then I have to train those lazy kids.
                              Rebel Justin
                              Back & Reporting for Duty!

                              My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
                              Tomorrowland Stores

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X