This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Floral Mickey Question

Here's something I've been meaning to ask about the floral Mickey near the train station.

When did they change from the standard version of Mickey that used to be there:

Click image for larger version

Name:	loomis-dean-planted-flowers-forming-design-of-mickey-mouse-s-face-with-disneyland-train-in-backg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	7371468

To the more primitive-looking version they have today?:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2634156333_091f06f3d9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	7371469

It seems like a step backward...

Any idea what the logic was behind the change?

Re: Floral Mickey Question

I'm not sure why the change happened, but personally I like the current one (bottom photo) more.

Comment

I'm thinking the older version is the more 'primitive' of the two....

Comment

I like the design of the top one and think the Mickey looks better. But I like how the bottom one doesn't have the edging. It seems more cohesive.

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post
          I like the design of the top one and think the Mickey looks better. But I like how the bottom one doesn't have the edging. It seems more cohesive.
          It almost looks as though the flowers haven't fully bloomed in the first picture.

Comment

Ive always known they were different, but have never seen them right next to each other. And boy I do NOT like the new one in comparison. Looks like clown mickey mouse....those cheeks....that chin......bleh.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TTFN92 View Post
              Yes, that too.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skratch addict View Post
                Ive always known they were different, but have never seen them right next to each other. And boy I do NOT like the new one in comparison. Looks like clown mickey mouse....those cheeks....that chin......bleh.
                I totally agree! I've always thought the Floral Mickey looked a bit off. I just assumed it was always like that and they never changed the design of it. But now seeing the older version, it definitely does seem like a step in the wrong direction!
                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

I like the first pic better. But it would probably look even better if the flowers were healthier.

Comment

I think they change it when they where doing the 50th annivery for Disneyland. I could be wrong on it but I think that is when they started doing the change.
                    To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

The current Mickey looks like the 70s/80s rendition of Mickey Mouse. It looks like they just planted the flowers when the first picture was taken. Nowadays, they grow them more then plant them.
                      Last edited by Disneytwins; 03-23-2013, 07:33 PM.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Heres a snapshot of home videos of ours from July 95. I think i prefer this one over the newer one. The lack of eyebrows.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the bottom one looks fantastic. A great way to enter the park
                          The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

I like the eyes better in the 1st one.

Comment

Originally posted by skratch addict View Post
                              Agree.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X