Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Disney attractions that belong in Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Non-Disney attractions that belong in Disneyland?

Of course, Disneyland is the best of the best, when it comes to theme park attractions. But every once in a while you come across an attraction elsewhere that is good enough - and special enough to actually belong in a Disney park.

I'll start with Mystery Lodge at Knott's Berry Farm. I think it includes wonderful story and special effects, and is thoughtful enough that it would have been at home here.

How about your ideas?
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Re: Non-Disney attractions that belong in Disneyland?

I totally agree with Mystery Lodge! While this isn't a specific attraction I'd love to see Disney use a ride system similar to Transformers at USH. Haven't ridden it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Might be a nice replacement for Innoventions, as I personally wouldn't like to see a rollercoaster take its place since Space Mountain is right there. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by brandond6 View Post
      While this isn't a specific attraction I'd love to see Disney use a ride system similar to Transformers at USH.
      The ride system was very impressive, but I felt it was wasted on Transformers. The characters and settings from the films just aren't that strong, and, like the films the ride was a chaotic mess where you were never really certain what was happening.

At the end, the first time I rode it, I said "Oh, it's over. So, um, did we win?"
      sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

Originally posted by brandond6 View Post
        I totally agree with Mystery Lodge! While this isn't a specific attraction I'd love to see Disney use a ride system similar to Transformers at USH. Haven't ridden it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Might be a nice replacement for Innoventions, as I personally wouldn't like to see a rollercoaster take its place since Space Mountain is right there. Just a thought!
        I'll agree with this one. Especially with all the detail that they put into the queue. I would love to see Disney adapt something like this to one of their properties. This would have been an awesome update to Star Tours if we didn't have the current edition.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Magic Mountain's JET STREAM at DCA's Paradise Pier.

Comment

Mystery Lodge, yes. Disney could have had Harry Potter, but they didn't play ball with Rowling - a shame.
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
              Magic Mountain's JET STREAM at DCA's Paradise Pier.
              Nailed it!
              Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                Nailed it!
                Thank you! :bow:

http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.p...le-jet-stream/
                Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 03-20-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Star Trek: The experience. That ride out disneyed disney.
                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Lets see....Id say a Nintendo land would be awesome..with a Zelda Coaster....Pokemon 3D ride....Metriod gun game ride...and Mario Kart mini coaster/dark ride would all be soo much fun
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Nevermind...nothing to read here. lol.
                      Last edited by skratch addict; 03-20-2013, 04:03 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

My husband thinks that Disney should do something with the world of Tolkein, and The Hobbit.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Warner Bros./New Line already beat them to it, Barbaraann.

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                            Mystery Lodge, yes. Disney could have had Harry Potter, but they didn't play ball with Rowling - a shame.
                            With all due respect, IMHO Disney would have blown it anyway. What USF did with the Harry Potter area actually RAISED the bar. Disney's answer was Carsland which, again IMHO, pales in comparison. The Harry Potter attraction focused so much attention to detail that I think the mark would have been missed by the Disney crew.

In the end I think it's going to end up better for everyone. Disney has to know that the bar has been raised and put out a top level effort on the next expansion/refurb/gate.

Comment

I'd go with Knotts also. But I'd pick either or both the Calico Mine Ride and the Log Ride. In fact Walt Disney himself helped out in the design of the Calico Mine Ride so it would fit perfectly. And IMO the Log Ride is much better than Splash Mountain!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X