Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Madame Leota's Crystal Ball?

Since the changeover from Christmas to the Haunted Mansion's normal choas (and my many times visiting since) I've noticed that Madame Leota's crystal ball no longer floats. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

Beth - TheHauntedWriter.com

Re: Madame Leota's Crystal Ball?

Sometimes she floats sometimes she doesn't. I prefer her to be non-floating though.

Comment

Yeah, for whatever reason the effect is hit or miss. I personally like the floating, and it's always nice to see it working.
      sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

I've found she is normally floating during the holiday overlay, and stationary the rest of the time.

Comment

She wasn't floating a couple of weeks ago and my daughter and I were both disappointed.
          Maybe her floating was "Ltd. Time Magic."

On a positive note, the ghosts were flying in the widows in the ballroom. Sometimes they're on break.
          Last edited by jcruise86; 03-30-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            It's not part of the LTM deal, she has been doing this for quite some time.

Comment

I don't see why this effect is so hit or miss, when its in the Holiday overlay she floats up and down as a ornament. I would assume they use the same mechanics to do that affect as the standard floating head version.

Maybe when they created the Ornament floating head they gutted the other standard version floating head.
              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
              ‚Äč

Comment

I believe this crystal ball effect was added to the Haunted Mansion for the Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

Comment

I've never seen it float, though it might add to the effect. Can't say though until I see it both ways.

One possible drawback to having ti float would be the origin of the sound. If the sound comes from a location other than the floating ball, it'll be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                    Okay, now THAT was funny. Well done.

Comment

Well, according to the Long Forgotten thread, in that room you actually become part of the seance circle. The orientation of the ride vehicles forces you to look directly at the ball. When it floats, it actually takes away from that focus. I like both versions though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X