X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The Queen of Hearts at Disneyland

Hi, folks
    Can anyone help me with a question we've been wondering about for a while? The Queen of Hearts (meaning the person walking around the park) is a very tall character, and I assume that's to make Alice look smaller than she is, because she can't actually be 12. :-) Our question is--is the Queen played by a man, so that she can be so tall? Or is her head far above the performer's head? I played a Fur Character (not a Disney one, a local Midwest one) as a teen, and I looked through the character's mouth to be able to see. So if the Queen needs to do that, it must be a tall person playing her, I think. I guess the same question can be asked about all the tall characters, like Goofy, too.
    I have to say that we have had the best fun with the Queen. When my girls were itty-bitty, she would stand off a bit so as not to scare them, and then pat them on the head and give hugs when they approached her. Now that they are older, she totally plays it for laughs and is hilariously rude to them. The people that play the characters are so talented!
    Thanks!

Re: The Queen of Hearts at Disneyland

Oh The Queen of Hearts, a villain after my own heart (and head!).

I believe that the requirement of height not gender is the important part here. If memory serves, the Cast Member looks through the eyes... but sometimes my memory stinks. Also, the Cast Member that plays Alice is generally small in stature as there are height requierments for that part as well.

I think the interactions of the Characters with guests is wonderful and they, the CM's, are always engaging and fun.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Tall characters are played by men, short are by women..so Mickey and Minnie are women, Goofy and such are by men.
      Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
      to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Thanks, everybody!

Comment

The Queen of Hearts is usually played by a male due to her height and that men are usually taller than women. I can confirm that the Queen of Hearts sees out of her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
            Tall characters are played by men, short are by women..so Mickey and Minnie are women, Goofy and such are by men.

Don't bet the farm on it
            "We don't need to dream it, we'll just buy it, then build it"

Comment

I've also seen costumes where the viewing port is significantly lower on the character. Big Bird's operator looks out through his tie, other costumes I've seen it's in the neck.

So it really could be anywhere relatively inconspicuous. But I agree the Queen is wonderful!
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I had a friend in the Disney College program two years ago at WDW. She is a gorgeous, blonde-haired, blue eyes woman... and 6'1". Too tall to be a princess. She was mostly Tigger.
                Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                Neverland since 1996.
                ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X