This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] World of Color dining packages

I am researching some of the dining packages for World of Color for my trip next month and am looking for some advice. I would rather not to the picnic option because I haven't seen great feedback from it, but I am having a difficult time deciding between Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, and Carthay Circle. All three have food that sounds fine but I can't seem to picture which would give the best view of the show. I am, however, leaning more toward Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria over Carthay Circle simply because Carthay is pretty expensive.

Also, the way the website makes it sound is you have to eat prior to the show beginning and you receive your viewing ticket after you pay your bill. Is that the case? An example being if World of Color starts at 9:00pm, I would have to reserve and allow myself enough time to eat and get to the viewing area before then?

I am trying to avoid having to rush over to do the WOC FP thing. From my two previous experiences with the show the regular viewing areas suck and I would like to actually see the show this time around.

Thanks guys!
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Re: World of Color dining packages

Hi DrFink!

The way the WOC dining works is you have your dinner first (it can be lunch too I believe) and then head to the reserved section to view the show. If you are open to experiences and aren't worried about the bill, then I would recommend Carthay Circle. It would be a beautiful meal in amazing surroundings topped off by a lovely show!

I highly recommend contacting a Guest Services Agent at Disney Dining to help you pick the best time.

Have a wonderful trip!
    Last edited by CupcakeTerror; 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

I haven't done a dinning package since they opened Carthay but there are separate sections for CC and WCT, with CC supposedly being better for viewing. Ariel's doesn't do it anymore, which is unfortunate since the price was reasonable and the food was plentiful and delicious!
      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Yes just want to iterate, that you won't be viewing WOC from the restaurant. You go there you eat then get to go to the reserved seating section, which is standing only room and is basically at the front of the pier so you need to know you will get wet unless you go early enough where you can stand back from railing..which is basically the same as getting a normal ticket to the blue zone area, just have to get there early enough to grab space in that area. So IMO not much of a difference unless you want to be up close and personal. I would also opt for Carthay Circle if you can afford it because the food is fantastic.

If it were me I would skip the dining pkg, go to CC for appetizers and a glass of wine and get normal WOC tickets/fast pass and line up early to get a good spot.
        Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
        to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

I've actually done every option minus the Ariel restaurant which I never been to. But for WOC tickets I done WCT once and CCT and the lunch package twice.

WCT and CCT I'm told the dining spots are different with CCT being better. But I also liked CCT option because its not a set package like WCT is (or was?). Instead you order whatever you want just as long as you order an entree and a appitizer OR a desert. So you have to order two items basically for the ticket. WCT are set dining packages for the ticket which isnt cheap. Obviously neither is CCT, but there is wiggle room what you pay at least but honestly you wont be paying much less regardless. But yes, I would choose CCT because besides the less restricting meal options it really is a cool place to eat and very beautiful. I ate there opening day and couldnt believe I was in DCA lol.

Also CCT, you wont be late because if you have lunch you get tickets for the 9 p.m. show only until around 5 p.m. IIRC. From 5 to 9 you get tickets for the second show which isnt until 10:15. WCT I actually ate in the fall when it was just one show and yes, our dinner was pretty late and we didnt finish until about 30 mins before the show and that was a huge mistake! But probably differnt now.

The lunch packages arent as good BUT not bad either. They were basically designed to be able to get a ticket in a decent spot without standing in line for a FP. The tickets are just normal FPs basically and was good for people who didnt want to get to the park super early just to get a decent FP. They are reasonably priced as well. I liked it when I did them, but no, it wouldnt be my first option if I had the money to go bigger.

And I would say that the dining FP you do get GREAT views now. In fact, when I first did CCT on opening day me and my friend didnt even get to the WOC viewing spot until 15 mins before the show started. We were too busy enjoying Mad T Party and didnt want to leave. And we saw WOC so many times we werent too concerned with the spot since it was the dining option anyway. But what was funny is even showing up at such a late time on probably one of DCAs biggest day in history, we had one of the most amazing spots I ever seen the show in. We were suprised how great it was and they have changed that area a lot for the dining guest. I went to that spot again in the fall and again great spot and showed up maybe 30 mins before then.

So yes if you want a great spot and dont mind paying for it, do the dining package! Show up 30 mins before at least and you should get a great view everytime.
          Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
            I am researching some of the dining packages for World of Color for my trip next month and am looking for some advice. I would rather not to the picnic option because I haven't seen great feedback from it, but I am having a difficult time deciding between Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, and Carthay Circle. All three have food that sounds fine but I can't seem to picture which would give the best view of the show. I am, however, leaning more toward Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria over Carthay Circle simply because Carthay is pretty expensive.

Also, the way the website makes it sound is you have to eat prior to the show beginning and you receive your viewing ticket after you pay your bill. Is that the case? An example being if World of Color starts at 9:00pm, I would have to reserve and allow myself enough time to eat and get to the viewing area before then?

I am trying to avoid having to rush over to do the WOC FP thing. From my two previous experiences with the show the regular viewing areas suck and I would like to actually see the show this time around.

Thanks guys!
            Editing it since I see Ariel's is back with world of Color (when did that happen? I called a few months ago and they told me it was gone).

Ariels is great... You get a TON of (good) food, and the service is great... Wine country has been hit and miss. (The food portions aren't as good, and they won't modify anything from the menu (I tried to get no Walnuts on the Salad, and was told no substitutions (I'm allergic). Ariel's has no problem with that type of request.

Comment

Comment

We might decide to just do lunch at Carthay Circle after all and get the WOC ticket then. We're planning on making a reservation at Cafe Orleans to see Fantasmic on Friday, so we have Monday-Thursday wide open to do WOC.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X