What Would Disney Do if Someone Watched Song of the South on Their iPad...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The First Star
    No Light, No Light
    • Sep 2011

Re: What Would Disney Do if Someone Watched Song of the South on Their iPad...

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The company doesn't release the film on any motion picture media you can buy in the states. They still sell merchandise featuring the characters, have characters in the stateside parks appear, and have an attraction based on it (obviously.) They do not deny the film exists - they don't sell it in a modern format.

As far as I know, Old Yeller, Davy Crockett's films, The Great Mouse Detective, Pete's Dragon, The Black Cauldron, and many more are not available on blu-ray or even DVD in some cases. That is not equaling that Disney denies the film exists, they just don't sell them. And yes, the Song of the South issue is one that they are unsure they'd even try - but no one has ever said, we didn't make this film at Disney.

No employee would care what someone watches on a iPhone/iPad if not vulgar or explicit and played loud enough so other guests had no choice but to be exposed to it.
    Actually, Old Yeller, Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier, Davy Crockett and the River Pirates, and The Black Cauldron are currently available on DVD from Disney, and The Great Mouse Detective and Pete's Dragon are currently available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Song of the South is still unavailable, of course.
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• Disneymike
      Planet of Puddingheads
      • Jan 2005

I have it on DVD.. :evil:

Comment

• Quentin
        MaliBOOMer
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
        The real question is... Why would anyone pull out an iPad to watch a movie while standing in a line instead of just enjoying the sights and sounds around you?
        Because lines like this are hard to do that in:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CSb_002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	7348881

Now I'm just playing devils advocate here. I dislike iPads, especially when they use them to film a show. However if someone brings an iPod to listen to in line, whats the harm in that.
        Last edited by Quentin; 04-08-2013, 07:37 PM.
        Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• DrFink
          The doctor is in
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
          I have it on DVD.. :evil:
          So do I.
          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

• JackMiller341
            New MiceChatter
            • Feb 2013

Here's a related question:

When Brer Bear is out doing a meet n greet, and someone asked what movie he's from, would Disney say Song of the South?

Comment

• KellyMcG86
              Selfie Expert
              • Sep 2012

I recently bought the newest edition of Peter Pan, and watched it for the firs time since I was a child a couple months ago. I laughed at the scenes that would, by today's overly PC society, be considered "racist" or "stereotyping". There are LOTS of them in Peter Pan, yet it is still released. SOTS was targeted, but hopefully will someday be released with the realization that the movie was made in a different time (like so many others are) with no obvious intention to be so "unacceptable", but that doesn't make it a terrible piece of work.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
              KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

• stevek
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
                The real question is... Why would anyone pull out an iPad to watch a movie while standing in a line instead of just enjoying the sights and sounds around you?
                Ha! Exactly what I thought. Sadly we are a society that is so tied to our dumbphones and our attention span is much shorter than it used to be. While I would want to smack someone that was watching a movie in line, it would not suprise me if I saw someone doing it.

Comment

• Wren
                  Sorcerer Supreme Bean
                  • Mar 2006

Id be more worried about how would I would keep my iPad from getting wet when I get to the end of the Splash Mountain line
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                    Adventure First, Ad Last
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                    I recently bought the newest edition of Peter Pan, and watched it for the firs time since I was a child a couple months ago. I laughed at the scenes that would, by today's overly PC society, be considered "racist" or "stereotyping". There are LOTS of them in Peter Pan, yet it is still released. SOTS was targeted, but hopefully will someday be released with the realization that the movie was made in a different time (like so many others are) with no obvious intention to be so "unacceptable", but that doesn't make it a terrible piece of work.
                    I was going to say Peter Pan is about as un PC as Song of the South...but because Native America's really don't have a voice any more in America that's why they don't care too much

Sad but I think if Native America's were as big of a group as African America's then Peter would have gotten the same treatment...Disney doesn't care about art hey just want money and good press
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• Jestyr
                      • Jan 2005

A better question would be why would the theme park division be responsible for the motion picture division's anti-piracy policy?

Comment

• stevek
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jestyr View Post
                        A better question would be why would the theme park division be responsible for the motion picture division's anti-piracy policy?
                        They wouldn't and they couldn't. Hence, part of the ridiculousness of the original question.

Comment

• Victor Brunswick
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by skratch addict View Post
                          Disney is just too(?) PC these days. If not TOO PC, more PC. Im surprised they havent apologized for Mickey not being a perfect little angel in the older cartoons, lol.
                          I love the early Mickey cartoons such as ​Plane Crazy more so than the later ones. Unfortunately, Mickey became PC very early in his career.

Comment

• B2D
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                            They deny the existence of Song of the South and the X-rated Snow White parody made for Walt's 50th birthday.
                            The what?

Harlan Ellison was fired for merely joking about a similar idea in a break room. I don't think the latter would've gotten that far.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X