Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Expected Crowds on President's Day Weekend

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Crowds on President's Day Weekend

I'm going to be at the park on 2/17-2/19 and wanted to ask the DL experts what kinds of crowds they'd expect. I already know it will be fairly busy, but what kinds of wait times do you think I could expect? I'll arrive every day when DL opens, but that weekend shouldn't be a "filled to capacity" weekend, right?

I'm just looking for a little (hopefully positive) reassurance

Thanks

Re: Expected Crowds on President's Day Weekend

Originally posted by Gremlin
    I'm just looking for a little (hopefully positive) reassurance

Thanks
    Wish I could help you there, but...
    Although I've never visited on President's Day Weekend, it has been discussed many times over the tenure of my reading Disneyland boards and is commonly known to be one of the busiest weekends of the year. Not to depress you, but it's probably better to be forewarned.

Veteran's Day, which I would consider to be a minor holiday, was sold out this past fall!

Comment

Every weekend is busy, but a holiday weekend, WAY busy.

Comment

Originally posted by AllisonWonderland
        Wish I could help you there, but...
        Although I've never visited on President's Day Weekend, it has been discussed many times over the tenure of my reading Disneyland boards and is commonly known to be one of the busiest weekends of the year. Not to depress you, but it's probably better to be forewarned.

Veteran's Day, which I would consider to be a minor holiday, was sold out this past fall!

The Disneyland attendance chart at http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm shows President's Week topping off at im guessing 48k. Al says around 58k due to the 50th. That looks like it'll be 60-70min waits.. i just dont want 2 hr waits. Does 60-70 sound reasonable during peak hrs?

Comment

Al disclosed an estimate in his latest update.
          The attendance estimates for this month's Presidents Day Weekend have been pegged at 58,000 each day for Disneyland, which were the same types of numbers Disneyland was getting on December weekends

Comment

This sucks. My day off of school and everybody has to go. Sounds selfish but I just wanted to enjoy a day off school at the park and I can't. Grumble grumble.

Comment

Those are the same dates I will be there. I'm expecting it to be packed...
              Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

Comment

I feel bad for the out of state tourists stuck with all of the local crowds.

Comment

you never know about crowds. i believe it was last fall's veteran day.. or is it labor day? i get the holidays mixed up. ANYWAYS surprisingly that day filled up to capacity quite quickly.
                  Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                  [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

My guess is, NO, actually, my guarantee it will be packed to the brim.
                    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by dchun2007
                      you never know about crowds. i believe it was last fall's veteran day.. or is it labor day? i get the holidays mixed up. ANYWAYS surprisingly that day filled up to capacity quite quickly.
                      Might have been Columbus Day.

Anyway, the capacity number is way too small these days.

And do note that Capacity <> attendance for the day.

1. Capacity = number of guests allowed in DL at any given time. I haven'ty seen what this number is currently, but it is not constant for every day. It depends on how much of the park is open. A restaurants could hold a few hundred people, but if it's closed then that space is not available. If Toontown is not open, that that affects the capacity number. When capacity is reached, the gates are shut.

2. Attendance for the day = number of guests that passed through the gates. Some people don't stay all day, and some people show up later. Attendance can be above capacity. Or, in some cases, (cough DCA cough), woefully below capacity.

Comment

sorry but most likely packed. if all 3 AP's are blocked then, you can tell it's really busy

Comment

APs aren't blocked.

Comment

I went on Monday....on Halloween...a day that is always said to be packed....and space mountain was walk on....

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
                              APs aren't blocked.
                              Better check again.
                              Mike

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X