Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ideas for a Birthday surpise at DL?

Hey folks,
    My wife and I will be heading to DLR for our birthdays this year(Yah!). I am trying to think of something special to do for her Birthday while we are there. My current thought is maybe a character meal at Storytellers, that is something new that we have never done before. Does anyone know if they do anything special for Birthdays? I was also thinking of a meal at the BB, but we have been there many times and we will have my two year old along with us.
    I am looking forward to hearing some great ideas! Have a great day.:lol:

Re: Ideas for a Birthday surpise at DL?

I have never done a character meal, but I'm guessing you can let them know it's her birthday when you make the reservation and ask if they can do something special? I'm sure others will come up with some more information than I can provide but it's a start!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I had dinner at the Carthay Circle restaurant for the first time last week. It was simple.. Asparagus soup, Salmon & grilled vegetables. Simple right? I'm here to tell you that it was probably the most tasty, satisfying meal I've ever had and I'm a guy who loves to eat a good meal in a good restaurant. I was honestly blown away.

I'd consider eating there over Blue Bayou if I were you. Yes, the Bayou has awesome atmopsphere and cred for being along side the POTC.. but the Carthay felt adult, non "theme-parky", intimate plus it has Chef Andrew Sutton who was in the kitchen the night I was there. It would be an awesome birthday spot. A+
      Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I would consider carthay or a meal at Napa Rose at the chefs counter (I think that's what they call it) but no matter what you choose I'm sure it will be great...the fact that your thinking of her in this special way is a gift in itself

Comment

Hey folks, good ideas so far. But I'm not so sure about a fancy dinner with a 2 year old in tow. Anyone have ideas that might be a bit more family friendly?

Comment

I honestly think the character dining thing would be fun, and I have a feeling they'll shower the birthday girl with attention.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
            KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Maybe a lillybelle ride, if its available? Since its a birthday, you can ask the cast member if you could possibly have the train car to yourselves....not sure if they will allow it, but you never know! Also I agree with a character dining. That way the little one would have fun, as well. storybook canals are really romantic at night.

Comment

Good point about the little one and you are right of course, Carthay would not be great with a two year old. Oh well, next time!
                Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

signing up at City Hall is just for kids, right? My son turned 11 there and we all got buttons and some fast passes...

Comment

If you wanted to do a nicer meal the Blue Bayou is good (even with a 2 year old since they can be distracted by the awesomeness of being in Pirates), but I agree going to Carthay Cirtcle would be a bit too hectic with a little one in tow to be thoroughly enjoyable. If you do the Storyteller's Cafe character breakfast and make reservations tell them when you make them that you are celebrating her birthday and at the end of the breakfast they'll bring you a pin and a cupcake with a candle and everything (they did that for my birthday a trip or so ago)
                    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

I agree with Napa Rose. And if you're comfortable with leaving your kid, the Grand Cali Hotel has a daycare close to the restaurant.

You can also take the "Walk in Walt's footsteps" tour (or whatever its called nowadays)

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                      Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                      Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                      Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I'm leaning toward Storytellers. On DL' s website, under special occasions, they say you can get a cake if you let know it's a birthday. If any other ideas come up please post.:thumbup:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X