• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iamdisneysgirl
    "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"
    • Aug 2010

[Question] Dinner at Club 33?

Hello everyone!
    I just got invited for dinner at Club 33. I'm blessed and excited. I wanted to ask to those who have dined before what you suggest. Below I wrote what I'm thinking of getting based off reviews (Yelp
    Drinks: I'm thinking of getting a Mint Julep and the Walt Disney Fruit Punch
    Food: IDK yet about the main course. I know you can get Truffle Mac n Cheese for lunch but could I ask the waiter if I could get it as a side dish?!?
    Dessert: I haven't seen a dessert menu online but seen pictures.

Anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    :thumbup:
  • Malcon10t
    Minion
    • Jun 2005

Re: Dinner at Club 33?

Without knowing your likes or dislikes, it really is hard to make recommendations. Everyone I know who likes salmon, loves the salmon at the club. I personally love the chateaubriand. I also really like the crab stuffed lobster. My daughter usually does the Vintner's menu. The chicken is also good, as is the lamb (I don't do lamb, but those who have say it is good.)

You can order a side of the truffled mac. It is very good!!

The dessert menu isn't a menu as much as it is a verbal menu. The servers will let you know what is available that night.

ETA - The menu changes, so it can be different than what you have seen posted. Here is the menu as of last Friday night. (Sorry the pics are so dark, but it was late at night and my daughter wasn't going to use flash in the club!)

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• sbk1234
      formerly very helpful
      • Sep 2007

I had the chateaubriand, and in my opinion, that was the finest piece of meat I've ever had. It is up to individual taste. Keep in mind, you're paying in excess of $100 per person for the evening, so I'd order more than simply macaroni.
      I haven't been there for dinner, only lunch, so I don't know how it's different, though.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• Stormy
        Chief Troublemaker

• May 2012

If something on the menu doesn't jump out at you as a 'must have', put your trust in your waiter & explain your likes & dislikes and you can't go wrong. They'll be able to recommend something that you will love.

I had the lentil soup, chateaubriand, & flourless chocolate gateau (all done gluten free for me). Everything was absolutely scrumptious! My BFF had the vinter's dinner and said it was to die for.
        ​"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

• Malcon10t
          Minion
          • Jun 2005

The lentil soup is very good, as is the cranberry duck "pot pie".

This weekend, I had the creme brulee for dessert adn my daughter had "s'mores". It was DELICIOUS! (Not at all like the lunch s'mores which are also very good!)
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• Malcon10t
            Minion
            • Jun 2005

I don't think she was thinking of ordering "simply macaroni". You can order a side of the truffled mac to go with your meals. My kids always order it as a side, to the extent, certain servers will automatically bring it!

Also, if you see something on the vintners menu, you can order it also. I had the calamari in lobster bisque. Very good!!

Comment

• iamdisneysgirl
              "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
              I don't think she was thinking of ordering "simply macaroni". You can order a side of the truffled mac to go with your meals. My kids always order it as a side, to the extent, certain servers will automatically bring it!

Also, if you see something on the vintners menu, you can order it also. I had the calamari in lobster bisque. Very good!!
              ^Thank you.
              :thumbup:

Comment

• steamboatpete
                Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                I had the chateaubriand, and in my opinion, that was the finest piece of meat I've ever had. It is up to individual taste. Keep in mind, you're paying in excess of $100 per person for the evening, so I'd order more than simply macaroni.
                I haven't been there for dinner, only lunch, so I don't know how it's different, though.
                I second the recommendation of the chateaubriand. It's at least the second best cut of meat I've ever had. The only one as good or better was at Cattleman's Steakhouse in El Paso, which routinely makes food writers' "ten best" lists.
                Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

• AdamG2
                  Annual Passholder

• Jun 2012

I third the chateaubriand, but the lamb is outstanding it you like lamb. So many places over season it, but its done just right at the club. Side of Mac n Cheese is a must!

Comment

• KellyMcG86
                    Selfie Expert
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                    I personally love the chateaubriand.
                    Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                    I had the chateaubriand, and in my opinion, that was the finest piece of meat I've ever had.
                    Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                    I had the ...chateaubriand... Everything was absolutely scrumptious! My BFF had the vinter's dinner and said it was to die for.
                    Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                    I second the recommendation of the chateaubriand.
                    Originally posted by AdamG2 View Post
                    I third the chateaubriand
                    I'm going to agree with the masses, as the chateaubriand was the dish that I had and it was completely and utterly fantastic!

Also, the chocolate cake for dessert. Our waiter recommended it, and I dream of it to this day!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

• txdisney
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jul 2012

what restaurants are as good as club 33 in OC? We have found that OC does not have very good food.

Comment

• Circlevision91
                        Royalty
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by txdisney View Post
                        what restaurants are as good as club 33 in OC? We have found that OC does not have very good food.
                        Depends on where in the OC you want to go.

In my opinion Andrea at Pelican Hill easily matches Club 33 in a number of ways; caliber of service, quality of food, wine list, setting, etc. And you dump money the same way as you would at the Club. The guitarist that plays on Friday nights is a pleasant backdrop. Not as opulent a dining room, but awe inspiring in many ways. Granted its menu is more Italian inspired than Cal-French/Continental (whatever Club 33 really is) but its worth checking out.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X