Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should we expect from the redone Big Thunder?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What should we expect from the redone Big Thunder?

Is this going to be just like the Space Mountain redo? It had new music and some Q redo.... Big T will have new buildings...what else?

Re: What should we expect from the redone Big Thunder?

Ewoks
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The polar bears from Lost...no I just kid. But we should see track, track, and more track... Also upgrades effects, and upgraded trees.
      Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
      http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

I hope an upgraded queue line similar to WDW's new one (with Tony's portrait away from vanadalizing hands.)
        Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
        Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
        Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
        Neverland since 1996.
        ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

I look forward to better lap bars. I don't like the feeling of slipping out.

Comment

A loop!

Comment

It doesn't seem like it's going to be on Space Mountain-level refurb. After all, Space was closed for two years. Thunder will be closed for ten months.
              Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                I look forward to better lap bars. I don't like the feeling of slipping out.
                yea they really need to fix the lap bar situation, each person need thier own lapbar. My girlfriend is a small asian girl and she has a ton of room if we sit next to each other haha.
                'The Annette Funicello Research Fund' | http://annetteconnection.com/How-to-Help.php - please consider donating today to help fight MS.

Comment

I hope they keep the red tracks and don't paint over them. Looks more dangerous in a way.
                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

I'm kind of at a crossroads with the update for Big Thunder. I loooooved the rickety-ness of what we all knew before; it added that little "oomph" of adventure to it.

I'd be strange to experience the ride smoothly! At least, that's how I figure, haha.

But I always look forward to what they can bring to it! We certainly shall see.
                    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Sing*Along*Song View Post
                      I'm kind of at a crossroads with the update for Big Thunder. I loooooved the rickety-ness of what we all knew before; it added that little "oomph" of adventure to it.

I'd be strange to experience the ride smoothly! At least, that's how I figure, haha.

But I always look forward to what they can bring to it! We certainly shall see.
                      I agree; it's supposed to an old mine train that's out of control.

But I also agree that the lap-bars need to be updated a bit. The seats are too slick; I always feel like I'm going to be thrown out, and find myself sliding side-to side.

Comment

I am surprised about the lap bar comments I actually love sliding around in the seats. LOL
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                          I am surprised about the lap bar comments I actually love sliding around in the seats. LOL
                          For the most part, it's ok. I'm 6', 185 lbs., when we first started going to DL a lot, my daughter was 11. 4', maybe 50 lbs. I really didn't want to smash into her too much, plus I'm pretty sure she could have wiggled out of the seat if wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                            Originally posted by micromind View Post
                            my daughter was 11. 4', maybe 50 lbs. I really didn't want to smash into her too much,
                            I think that is the pro and con summary of the seats. Give and take with the old or soon to be new seats.
                            Last edited by swampymarsh; 04-27-2013, 08:56 PM.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I'm expecting safety railings. Lots and lots of them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X