This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] tom Sawyer island becomes smaller

I noticed recently the new orleans side of the island had been closed to park goers... I asked a raft cm and they told me they were keeping the island closed due to OSHA issues.. Any one else know more?... Its getting a little out of hand.. There gettinh paranoid

Re: tom Sawyer island becomes smaller

Really? Wow I was only just there on Thursday and things were still open. Harrumph >:/

Comment

I was there on Thursday as well and it was still open and operating normally.

Comment

Im at the parks now, and its,still closed. All the safety nets are off the stage as if they were getting ready for fantasmic

Comment

I think you're referring to the buildings facing Frontierland and New Orleans Square on the bottom of the island, which was roped off and closed on Saturday when I was there.

Comment

Was it the cider mill? That has an ongoing refurb during the week through May 23.
            Remember
            What the dormouse said
            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

That explains it.

Comment

The stage area of the island for fantasmic is now off limits to guest. A result of the osha hit

Comment

They have also had the area blocked off recently for the Black Commorants. Black Commorants are seabirds which fish, much like Pelicans, and are a theatened species. There has recently been a group of five or siz nesting on the front of the island.
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                    They have also had the area blocked off recently for the Black Commorants. Black Commorants are seabirds which fish, much like Pelicans, and are a theatened species. There has recently been a group of five or siz nesting on the front of the island.
                    I have seen only one Commorant at Disneyland in the past.
                    I was suprised to see two at the castle today.
                    And, was amazed, that unlike a duck, they can swim quite a ways under water. (40'-50'?)

Comment

If OSHA "close down" part of tom sawyer island, that means that Fantasmic would be on a limited show or be cancelled until OSHA says its clear for the performers to perform. Why must OSHA be like this

Comment

Nothing about safety. Just guest are not allowed on "stages" that area is considered a stage, Take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by sdn86 View Post
                          Nothing about safety. Just guest are not allowed on "stages" that area is considered a stage, Take it or leave it.
                          That doesn't make any sense. Kids are allowed on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage during the Jedi Academy. If what you say is true, then that wouldn't be allowed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X