This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News BTMRR Crane Is Now Gone

I was just informed that the large crane that has been hovering over BTMRR for the past few months is gone. I was in the park last night and noticed there was a much smaller crane there, I haven't confirmed if that one is gone yet although I would imagine it's still there.

Hopefully the large crane is gone for good!

Re: BTMRR Crane Is Now Gone

I was there Sunday and took pictures of the ginormous crane lol I'm happy to hear that it's gone!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Does this mean the trail will be open every day now or will it still be closed during the week?
      My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

Good news, the tall crane, although necessary, at the same time, very distracting.

October will be here before we know it!
        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Damn! Another ride gone to Yesterland. And I never got a chance to ride it either.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Just took a look at the HoJo's camera... yep, crane's gone!

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
              Damn! Another ride gone to Yesterland. And I never got a chance to ride it either.
              I actually DIDN'T photograph areas of the park marred by the crane, but on second thought maybe I should have.

Comment

I wish it had been taken down 2 weeks ago. Oh well. I did take pictures on our trip with the crane in them. My husband wondered why and I guess it is the same reason I took pictures with the castle wrapped in tarps - it's history.

Comment

I'll miss that 'ol crane. It was becoming part of the park. I never once got to see someone actually operating it though. I would have liked to have seen that.
                  sigpic
                  Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

I heard it'll be back next week. They just have to install the loop first.
                    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                    Planned Trip: DLR August 2017 & WDW March 2019

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

It's actually gone because of OSHA. They shut it down because it was more than 30 inches off the ground.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                        I guess I should have visited DL when you were there. I have operated cranes like that one; I would have loved to give you a ride on it.......

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
                          I'll miss that 'ol crane. It was becoming part of the park. I never once got to see someone actually operating it though. I would have liked to have seen that.
                          I imagine that since it was already distracting enough as it was, it'd be even more of a distraction if it were in use during park operating hours.

Plus, there'd likely be no way it could operate and not have loads above people. Craning anything above a person is not cool......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                            It's actually gone because of OSHA. They shut it down because it was more than 30 inches off the ground.
                            I wouldn't be surprised.

Around here (Reno), just about every big project that had a big crane like the one at DL, somehow they managed to tip at least one crane over.

So yeah, OSHA around here is pretty thorough with cranes.

Comment

And as a final note, how do we know that the crane isn't supposed to still be there?

Maybe it was stolen!!!!

That means that Thunder Mountain will never re-open.

Lol.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X