Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Big Thunder Mountain

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Big Thunder Mountain

Are they still going to paint the mountain. I remember the Disney blog mentioning it but with only 5 months left on the refurb do you guys think they will still paint the mountain.

Re: Big Thunder Mountain

The mountain will still be receiving a paint job. They should be starting on that, soon.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

They should do a paint job, then it will look brand new, or like the rock formations in Utah or something.

If they do paint it, wouldn't they have to paint the rest of frontierland too, to make it look good. If one pretty mountain was in a bunch of other faded rocks, it will look tacky :/

All i know is that they are taking the track out and putting in a new one
      -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
      Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Comment

Has anyone heard a more definitive date on when it will open again?

Comment

I can't imagine the paint job will take that long. The backdrop for Cars Land was painted fairly quickly, and I imagine the square footage of BTM to be about the same or less.
          -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Painting should be one of the last things done. After all the dust is settled.

Comment

I wonder what color they will paint it. Blue has always been my favorite color so that's my vote.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Id like to see what the new trains look like.

Comment

Some others said they were going to paint it. if so, they should paint the other rock formations through out frontierland. probably to make it look bright and radiant like the real ones in Utah or something
                  -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                    I wonder what color they will paint it. Blue has always been my favorite color so that's my vote.
                    blue is my favorite color too, but it would not fit with the atmosphere obviously

Comment

If they were to pour the paint out of a helicopter hovering above, it's go a lot quicker.......

Comment

I like the helicopter idea, and they can use blue like others suggested, so splatters all over for more vibrant color - it can be themed to Stitch's Big Thunder Mountain Madness! when it comes back!
                        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

And just think; they could sell tickets to a special 'Get Painted Like Thunder Mountain' event!

The most expensive ones would be for those people near the mountain, with lower prices the farther back you are.

With good marketing, DL could make millions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            What a perfect opportunity for an Avatar tie-in.

Comment

Replace the goat with a Na'vi or a Pandorian (?) animal and the ride is good to go. It will be renamed "Big Pandora Mountain." Perfect.
                              Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X