This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Big Thunder Mountain

Are they still going to paint the mountain. I remember the Disney blog mentioning it but with only 5 months left on the refurb do you guys think they will still paint the mountain.

Re: Big Thunder Mountain

The mountain will still be receiving a paint job. They should be starting on that, soon.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

They should do a paint job, then it will look brand new, or like the rock formations in Utah or something.

If they do paint it, wouldn't they have to paint the rest of frontierland too, to make it look good. If one pretty mountain was in a bunch of other faded rocks, it will look tacky :/

All i know is that they are taking the track out and putting in a new one
      -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
      Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Comment

I think they were waiting for the track to be inplace before doing any painting, they already done rock work around big thunder over the past few years.

Painting the entire thing should only take a couple of months if that.
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
        ‚Äč

Comment

Has anyone heard a more definitive date on when it will open again?

Comment

I can't imagine the paint job will take that long. The backdrop for Cars Land was painted fairly quickly, and I imagine the square footage of BTM to be about the same or less.
            -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Painting should be one of the last things done. After all the dust is settled.

Comment

I wonder what color they will paint it. Blue has always been my favorite color so that's my vote.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Id like to see what the new trains look like.

Comment

Some others said they were going to paint it. if so, they should paint the other rock formations through out frontierland. probably to make it look bright and radiant like the real ones in Utah or something
                    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                      I wonder what color they will paint it. Blue has always been my favorite color so that's my vote.
                      blue is my favorite color too, but it would not fit with the atmosphere obviously

Comment

If they were to pour the paint out of a helicopter hovering above, it's go a lot quicker.......

Comment

I like the helicopter idea, and they can use blue like others suggested, so splatters all over for more vibrant color - it can be themed to Stitch's Big Thunder Mountain Madness! when it comes back!
                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

And just think; they could sell tickets to a special 'Get Painted Like Thunder Mountain' event!

The most expensive ones would be for those people near the mountain, with lower prices the farther back you are.

With good marketing, DL could make millions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                              What a perfect opportunity for an Avatar tie-in.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X