This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] ABCDE to Everything?

What year did Disneyland get rid of the A-E tickets? Thanks!

Re: ABCDE to Everything?

Technically, you can still use them to this day to reduce the cost of admission.

EDIT: Just saw your signature so I'll add that Adventure Thru Inner Space didn't require a ticket for much of its life due to being sponsored by Monsanto (and a lot of people called it "Monsanto," as in "Let's ride Monsanto").

Comment

And to note, the tickets were not there at opening. They came along a little later in the year as an easier way of paying for attractions and started with only the A-C tickets. The D ticket was introduced in 1956 and the E ticket in 1959. And while popularly known as "tickets," the tickets themselves are labels as a "coupon."

Yesterland has some good information of the system and its history.
      The A-B-C's of Disneyland Tickets at Yesterland
      More about Disneyland Tickets at Yesterland
      Ticket Books at Yesterland
      Yesterland: The Birth of the "E" Ticket at Disneyland

Comment

We always called it Monsanto. I didn't know it had a different name until coming to these boards. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          And to note, the tickets were not there at opening. They came along a little later in the year as an easier way of paying for attractions and started with only the A-C tickets.
          It never occurred to me before but ride coupons were the first "Disney Dollars" or, considering that the amounts were always less than a dollar, "Disney Fractional Currency."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X