Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Dissappointed if Nothing is Announced for DLR at D23?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Will You Be Dissappointed if Nothing is Announced for DLR at D23?

Im realy starting to get the feeling that nothing is going to be announced for DL or DCA for D23. There realy is nothing out there in the way of solid rumors as far as serious projects for the resort. WDW will obviously have Avatarland, The New DTD and probably Seven Dwarf Mine. We are only a little over 2 months from D23 and I just think there would be more whispers of strong rumors out there if something was realy on the table.
    Now, the real issue is that if nothing is announced, then more than likely 2014 will come and go without construction beginning on any attraction. Meaning that there wouldn't be a single new attraction of any significance at the DLR before 2017. That's 4 years from now. Do you think DLR can continue their current upswing if they don't add anything of significance for 4 years? I know there have been some rumors on here about Monstropolis and Tron, but there isn't the slightest peep about it from ANYONE else, which usually isn't the case. I realy think the focus has shifted to other resorts, and WDW will just keep pumping out new attractions, hotels and entertainment options while DL gets kinda left in the cold for a while.
    Who knows, maybe the fact that there realy isn't much SOLID buzz about anything for Anaheim means they are planning something MAJOR for the end of the decade.

Re: Will You Be Dissappointed if Nothing is Announced for DLR at D23?

Considering Carsland, the new Fantasyland show at the Fantasyland Theater and the new wing of Fantasyland with the princess shows are widely possible, I don't think Disneyland needs to add anything new to keep drawing a large crowd. I would like to see them dismantle a few things in Tomorowland before they spent tons of money building anything new.

Comment

I won't be disappointed if they don't announce anything. Disney doesn't have to add something major to every theme park every two years, and it is their own fault for stupidly holding this shebang because it builds the impression that they would -- or why throw a convention at all?

I will be disappointed if they announce the Monsters Inc coaster.

Comment

They were pretty upset that their announcements got out before the last D23 so it could just be that they're keeping a very tight lid on the information. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are no announcements for DLR. They don't announce everything at D23 anyway, sometimes things are coming but not quite ready to be publicly announced.
        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
        -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by choco choco View Post

I will be disappointed if they announce the Monsters Inc coaster.
          Me too.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

I think many people who attend the convention will be annoyed if there is nothing big announced. I don't attend those conventions so it doesn't really bother me, although I do like when there is something new to look forward to. However, I would rather nothing new was announced than to have them announce something Monsters Inc. related - blah.

Comment

I think A Bug's Life land will be a goner at D23 with something new taking its place.

Comment

They don't promise it so I don't expect it.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

If it is true, I hope they announce the Tron Lightcycle and TL redo. Even if they open 5 years from now. I rather know now and wait 5 years than not knowing for 3 years and wait 2 years (of construction).
                  sigpic

Comment

Let's just wait and see. That's all what we can do.

Comment

I don't care if I have to wait 2 years or 2 months until something get's announced, I just want something good.
                      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                      You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I will be.....the whole point of this event is to announce new movies...rides....TV shows

Last time I was disappointed compared to the first D23...so I'll be skipping this one

As for people saying Disneyland does not need something NEW...its been over 15 years since that park has gotten an E ticket ride...it's time for another
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Well since D23 covers the entire company I will not be surprised if we get more WDI details about Shanghai attractions and probably the new Ratatouille attraction in Paris.

The China park is a huge undertaking and frankly I am fine waiting a bit for DL if WDI can leverage off the R&D that is being partially paid by another entity!

As someone mentioned above, they were disappointed about the much of the "new" they had was leaked prematurely. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to take a page out of the Apple playbook and try to keep the lid on an announcement or two.

While the WDI portion of D23 didn't have any big reveals last time, they did have key Imagineers there manning the "booth" I got to spend a long time talking with the two principal designers responsible for Buena Vista Street. Wouldn't trade that for anything! Made the whole event worth it.
                          The Mur

Comment

What was the last big ride added..indy? If so thats a little strange. That was added a really long time ago.

Comment

I'm not expecting anything and will be pleasantly surprised if they do decide to announce something awesome. The resort has added so many new things these past few years that I really do appreciate (I love Carsland and BVS!!) and can't wait to check out the new things in Disneyland this year.

If they do decide to add a new e-ticket, I'll just be even more happy but I'm happy now.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X