Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

(PM or RR) Which Would You Choose

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PM or RR) Which Would You Choose

If you had the choice to return either the People Mover or the Rocket Rods,
    which would you choose.
    People Mover
    83.17%
    Rocket Rods
    16.83%
    Shocks
    Pegs
    Lucky!

People Mover without a doubt. I looooooooooove the People Mover, it was my favorite ride when I was a wee little girl.
    i caught you a delicious bass.

Comment

People mover, some of my earliest DL memories
      "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

I'd like to see the PM expanded by crossing over Harbor Blvd. to a Disney-owned budget Motel on the East side of Harbor ..... and on to the 3rd gate, eventually ......
        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

PM is much more relaxing. It was a great ride to just sit for awhile in the shade and cool down.

RR was too loud. You could hear it from other lands...

Comment

Would never be able to get Hubby on Rocket Rods, so let's go for the slow moving one, People Mover!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

People mover

Comment

Definitely People Mover.

Comment

First person to say RR is banned from disneyland!!!!!!

J/K

Peoplemovers!

Comment

Rocket Rods could have been AWSOME if they were actually given the money to upgrade the track so you didn't have to slow down all the time. And if they actually put some good special effects on the ride and not just a blast of air!

On the other hand, the TRON zone was one of my FAVORITE things on the People Mover. Now I don't know.... hmm......
                    Last edited by shurley; 03-15-2005, 01:55 PM.
                    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                      PM is much more relaxing. It was a great ride to just sit for awhile in the shade and cool down.

RR was too loud. You could hear it from other lands...
                      I second that! PM gave you so many vistas from its elevated track, was a leisurely ride and wonderful on a hot summer day when the soles of your feet were on fire from the pavement. Those horrible RRs...good riddance! After a two hour wait one time to ride them I vowed never again. What a huge disappointment that was.
                      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

While I enjoyed the Rocket Rods while they lasted, I think the Peoplemover was a much more successful attraction, for all of the reasons listed in the posts above.

I loved the journey through the world of Tron!
                        "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

I would definately like to see the return of the Rocket Rods. There are many rumors regarding the removal of this innovative and exhilerating attraction, and even those of you who think you have the solid facts, that you heard it from a CM, or that it was written in a PR, you are probably wrong. I, however, know the real reason for the deat of the Rods. Observe the following image:

There! See! How can you expect the breaks on these fine machines to hold up when they are being forced to work overtime everytime a jolly group like that feels the need to all be on the same rocket rod!

CASE CLOSED!
                          Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

People Mover...

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
                              I would definately like to see the return of the Rocket Rods. There are many rumors regarding the removal of this innovative and exhilerating attraction, and even those of you who think you have the solid facts, that you heard it from a CM, or that it was written in a PR, you are probably wrong. I, however, know the real reason for the deat of the Rods.
                              There! See! How can you expect the breaks on these fine machines to hold up when they are being forced to work overtime everytime a jolly group like that feels the need to all be on the same rocket rod!

CASE CLOSED!
                              I disagree- Those Rocket Rods caused considerable damage to the super structure of the People Mover tracks and pillons. As well as the massive guest complaints about wipelash.

The reason the same technology works on Testr Track in Florida, is that the track can handle it with out as much damage to the riders, track and tires.

No one reason like brakes were responsible

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X