This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disney Refurbishments

Disney needs to focus on refurbishing rides other than Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion. Now I like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion is my 2nd favorite ride in the park (only behind Mr. Toads Wild Ride), but there are so many more rides that need refurbishments. It is nice to get the occasional Splash Mountain refurb, and I love the plans for the renovation of Big Thunder Mountain. But there are plenty of smaller rides that need it much more.
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

Re: Disney Refurbishments

There are lots of rides that get refurbs, really. they just finished the big one on Indy, and are working now on BTMRR.

There is rumor that ALL of the Fantasyland dark rides will get a full refurb soon for 60th anniversary, including Alice which needs it so badly.

What rides are on your mind?

Comment

Mainly I was thinking of Fantasyland and Toontown. Although the dark rides are great I agree that some desperately need a refurb.
      I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

Comment

hopefully, it wont be poorly done like Matterhorn...the ride is horrible now

and the refurbishment on pirates was disappointing.....i maybe in the minority, but i dont like the additions of jack sparrow and the villains of the pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Comment

I think that Disney should focus on refurbishing Tomorrowland as a whole more than anything. That land is literally a mess.

Comment

I agree that I don't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies being incorporated into the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I love Disney movies, I love the ride the Pirates of the Caribbean, but I thought the movies were terrible, some of the worst movies I have ever seen. Of course Johnny Depp kept the audiences coming.

Comment

The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was great, but they just kept taking it too far. The second was alright, the third was terrible, and the fourth was downright ridiculous. With that said, I enjoy the additions to POTC simply because I love the first movie but it was pretty unnecessary. You don't need Jack Sparrow to make the ride any more enjoyable, but they did it so the ride appealed to a younger audience.

I also think the Fantasyland rides need some minor maintenance. The paint all seems to be chipping away and fading and the ride vehicles are kinda run down. However, I agree with frollofan and think that a refurb/update to Tomorrowland should be Disney's top priority right now.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

As much as I like Indiana Jones Adventure (in fact it's one of my all-time favorite rides), I would be interested in seeing how it would be refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by Witeldram View Post
                  As much as I like Indiana Jones Adventure (in fact it's one of my all-time favorite rides), I would be interested in seeing how it would be refurbished.
                  They just did, was it that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                    I think that Disney should focus on refurbishing Tomorrowland as a whole more than anything. That land is literally a mess.
                    ^This...for sure. TL needs serious help.

Comment

Last year's refurb wasn't enough for you?
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

You're avatar made me think about an idea to use the people mover track for a Wreck-it-Ralph type ride where guests would ride in and out of electrical surge protectors, just like the movie. From there they could utilize a interactive style ride like TSMMM, but incorporate different video games from the Wreck it Ralph movie to play.
                        "Raiders Suck"
                        -Walt Disney

Comment

I spoke with a Disney imagineer and he told me that they are I. The process of fixing Tomorrow Land!! He even said to expect the return of the people mover!!!

Comment

Originally posted by threnjen View Post
                            They just did, was it that bad?
                            It was barely open this past Saturday.

Without knowing anything about the details of the refurbishment of the attraction, I'd speculate that they went cheap on the important moving parts, which are now breaking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Daboltz View Post
                              You're avatar made me think about an idea to use the people mover track for a Wreck-it-Ralph type ride where guests would ride in and out of electrical surge protectors, just like the movie. From there they could utilize a interactive style ride like TSMMM, but incorporate different video games from the Wreck it Ralph movie to play.
                              How is that Tomorrowland?
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X