Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Refurbishment - Linked to new Depp film?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Refurbishment - Linked to new Depp film?

So I was watching Man of Steel earlier today when the trailer for The Lone Ranger popped up. During the trailer there is a short scene where a train goes off the rails and it reminded me of Big Thunder and then it hit me, is the ride being refurbished due to the new film? The Pirates of the Caribbean ride changed after the release of the film, and I won't be surprised if Disney adds The Lone Ranger elements to this ride.

Re: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Refurbishment - Linked to new Depp film?

If they are including aspects from The Lone Ranger in a refurb before the movie even comes out then Disney has really lost their minds. I highly doubt it.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Hmmmm.... very interesting; however, I really don't think (I bet Johnny would not either) that there should be any link between Thunder Mountain and this film.

Comment

NOOOOOOoooooooooooo! says Darth Vadar

Comment

I hope not, we already have too much Depp in the park.

Comment

I suspect that there could be some subtile references to the movie in much the same way there is a reference to the Tiki Room in BTMR at WDW from the latest refurb.

If the movie is a big hit, they could still add more obvious details at a later day.

Comment

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is still popular as it is. Adding movie tie-ins would be very unnecessary.

Comment

Highly doubt it.
                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

So, how was Superman?

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                    I suspect that there could be some subtile references to the movie in much the same way there is a reference to the Tiki Room in BTMR at WDW from the latest refurb.

If the movie is a big hit, they could still add more obvious details at a later day.
                    This is a new one for me - do tell us more? I am curious how they'd sneak a Tiki Room reference into BTMRR.
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                      Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is still popular as it is. Adding movie tie-ins would be very unnecessary.
                      Since when has that stopped them before? :lol:

I certainly hope they aren't, though.

Comment

I really don't think that Disney is going to do that. The Lone Ranger is "brand new" to this generation, and even if they did a movie tie in with the refurbishment, a lot of people wouldn't get it. I think that Big Thunder Mountain needed to be refurbished, and just made to look fresh again, but I would hate to see it ruined by a tie in to a movie that might not even be successful (Disney doesn't know either way yet).

Comment

For a giggle they could always have the Goat munching that silly looking Tonto-hat....
                          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

At most we would see a temporary movie poster/s around the construction site on the walls since the move would be coming out in July and BTMRR is reopening in September/October. Don't expect a limited time magic for the move because they have one for the first week of July already. And no the movie will most likely be released in November for Xmas.

(Limited Time Magic: July 1st-7th Independence Week (4th of July fireworks all week instead of the usual 3 days.))
                            Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                            http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                              This is a new one for me - do tell us more? I am curious how they'd sneak a Tiki Room reference into BTMRR.

Yes, please, do elucidate! I'm trying to figure this one out too!
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X