Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the Quietest Place in Disneyland Now to take a breather?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Where is the Quietest Place in Disneyland Now to take a breather?

We used always head down to the Mile Long Bar area. lots of shade and there was no thru traffic. That got turned into Poohland so we stopped going there. Now we head to the back in the Hungry Bear to sit by the river.

Where do you like to go to put your feet up and relax for a few minutes, away from it all?

TSI?
    Take the train around the park?

Re: Where is the Quietest Place in Disneyland Now to take a breather?

TSI or Fowlers harbor on the water side deck area.

Comment

Pirate island. They have dark caves. U can get lost in there

Comment

Hungry Bear is still pretty quiet.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

The 2nd floor at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon, Fowler's Inn, (sometimes) taking a seat at the Pinocchio Village Hause Corner, bow of the Mark Twain, (sometimes, if it is still there) bench on the path between Fantasyland and Thunder Mountain and the east shore of Tom Sawyer's island.

Comment

Originally posted by patton45 View Post
            We used always head down to the Mile Long Bar area. lots of shade and there was no thru traffic. That got turned into Poohland so we stopped going there. Now we head to the back in the Hungry Bear to sit by the river.

Where do you like to go to put your feet up and relax for a few minutes, away from it all?

TSI?
            Take the train around the park?
            The Dream Suite patio Area!

Comment

Our favorite places to get a few moments of quiet/shade/misting fan/whatever else is needed are:
              The corner next to the Winnie The Pooh gift shop near the ride in the corner (sad when they took the benches out of that area)

The very back of Toon Town where the dead end is

Downstairs in the corner of the Hungry Bear Cafe when it's not near lunch or dinner time

Comment

The Guided Tour garden to the left of City Hall is almost always empty. Same goes for the former Motor Boat Cruise dock.

One of my favorite places is the caboose on the Freight Train - if you want to ride, just open the door and go in!

Comment

aladdin's oasis is a great spot to have all to yourself. right next to the jungle cruise exit. there is also a family bathroom that isnt very busy. We also like to eat at the tables next to casey jr's train on those small blue stools.

Comment

My go to places for a moment to myself aren't necessarily the quietest places but always bring me some much needed relaxation. DLRR is always good for an hour of introspection and people watching. The Main Street Opera House is also a nice relaxation spot. My favorite though is the Animation Building in DCA. The main room is a good place to go if you can score one of the couches, although I've been known to find a spot near a wall, lay down on the ground, and use my backpack as a pillow. The projections and audio are like a big warm hug- or were like one. Now that there are announcements every five or so minutes for Crush or the Animation Academy it's more difficult to achieve that sense of Zen.

The best place I've ever stumbled across was in Ursula's Grotto in the Animation Building. More than once I've come across one of the voice over rooms not working. If you can tune out the noise from the other rooms, you can curl up against the back wall and close your eyes for a good hour or so with being disturbed. But I haven't had that happen lately unfortunately.

Comment

I would say Mill View Lane...never nerd of it...well its the walkway/dinning area of Harbor Galley. Its is the bridged walkway between Harbor Galley and the fruit stand in Critter Country and goes over Splash mountain. There tables and chairs and it very nice.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	7351467
                      Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                      http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

This is a dangerous thread, since these quiet areas may cease to be so quiet if too many people read about them.
                        It is hit or miss, but often the waiting area of Tiki Room is a really pleasant and relaxing oasis. Score a pineapple ice cream thing and kick back in you own little island paradise.

and the front porch at Wizard of Bras on Main Street.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Not exactly the quietest places, but when my wife and I want to relax, we like to people watch, so our two places are the Porch on Main Street (you know the one...often with ice cream) and those oversized benches at the Matterhorn. Both are shaded, and both are prime locations to watch people having a great day (and, in some cases, not so great).

Comment

We just got back from a week vacation at the parks (trip report coming soon!) and spend nearly every afternoon at the Hungry Bear. I was always surprised to find few people on the upper level overlooking the water (near the back). It was the perfect spot to relax with the kids, watch the boats, feed the ducks and eat an amazing lunch...we ordered 2 Turkey and Provolone sandwiches (on gluten free bread) most days and split them between the 5 of us. Heaven!

Comment

Too bad the Plaza Gardens are gone.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X