Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    visited DLR over the weekend. Trip started off great my fiance and I actually decided where we wanted to get married at the resort.

    Had something occur At disneyland later in the day that i really did not believe was possible. Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.

    I need to know who I can email, or call to express how i feel regarding what happened. I dont want anything for free, I dont want a refund. City hall really was no help, and since what happened was done on a management level there was no reason it really could have been handled there. Thanks

  • #2
    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

    You didn't really give any information.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

      Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m46wf3A8QV1qbazqio1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	7351482
      Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

        So, the marriage is off??

        I'd like more information, too, to make sure someone else was in the wrong.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

          What to advise you to do really depends on the nature of what took place. If it's a "usual Disneyland complaint" related to someone else in the park, the park itself, theft, lost kid, bad staff, bad management, or whatever, then you can shoot customer service an e-mail on the website at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/ it's a standard e-mail form. There can be huge delays before you receive a message back.

          If it's something that you want to be heard by an actual person, rather than what you put down in writing, call (714) 781-4000 and press 3. The wait time is less mid day and is usually the busiest first thing in the morning. Make sure that in your e-mail or phone call that you mention that you went to City Hall and that your concerns were not addressed or resolved so that they don't give you the whole "complain before you leave" spiel.

          Additionally, since you are calling just to tell them what happened, they likely won't let you speak with a supervisor. If you wanted replacement tickets, or something to be done, that is the only time they would escalate it. Basically if you are asking for nothing, don't expect them to care too much about it depending on the nature of the complaint.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

            the wedding isnt off
            the wedding at disneyland is off yes. theres no way i can see putting my faith into the company to take care of this correctly.

            Ill go into a more detail about what happened when i have a little more time. there is a lot of detail to go into about and its a lot to type.
            Last edited by gtsouthard; 06-17-2013, 11:31 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

              Bummer, I'm curious to hear about what happened to make you guys have changed your minds.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                Originally posted by gtsouthard View Post
                the wedding isnt off
                the wedding at disneyland is off yes. theres no way i can see putting my faith into the company to take care of this correctly.

                Ill go into a more detail about what happened when i have a little more time. there is a lot of detail to go into about and its a lot to type.
                Honestly, you don't need to go into too much detail on here to get the best advice. Because whatever it is, it sounds like it could be pretty drastic, at least in your perception. And if it is, the details does not have to be fully discussed here for it may not be our business. (That's just my opinion on it.) I would refer to what johnlawwhiskey said and go with whatever route you prefer, whether that be by email or by phone. But its up to you on how much detail you want to provide for the rest of us here. Because from what you've said so far, it sounds pretty heavy and the heavier it is, the more personal it can be.
                "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                  Originally posted by gtsouthard View Post
                  Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.
                  Is there something Disney can do to change your mind about ever visiting again?

                  If not, what's the point
                  Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                    Maybe they wouldn't give refunds on unused ride tickets from the late 70s?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      Maybe they wouldn't give refunds on unused ride tickets from the late 70s?
                      You'd get more for them on Ebay :lol:
                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                        Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                        Is there something Disney can do to change your mind about ever visiting again?

                        If not, what's the point
                        I dont think so. however my fiance may be able to based on what disney says to her. More than anything I want an answer from someone who can give me one as to why this actually was allowed to happen. there was an actual decision made by someone to do it. A good analogy is if a child saw mickey walking around without his head on. That is how badly this made me feel.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                          Originally posted by gtsouthard View Post
                          visited DLR over the weekend. Trip started off great my fiance and I actually decided where we wanted to get married at the resort.

                          Had something occur At disneyland later in the day that i really did not believe was possible. Something happened that affected me to the point where I will never set foot in that place again, or spend another dime.

                          I need to know who I can email, or call to express how i feel regarding what happened. I dont want anything for free, I dont want a refund. City hall really was no help, and since what happened was done on a management level there was no reason it really could have been handled there. Thanks
                          Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                          Is there something Disney can do to change your mind about ever visiting again?

                          If not, what's the point
                          You bring up a good question & point Jeff. But if there is one thing I know in life, its customer service. Even though to Disney, customer's aren't customers, they're guests, it all goes down to the same bottom line & the same principles.

                          I've worked customer service for 20+ years, and everything I have picked up in the jobs I've had over that time, I have retained and passed forward. A number of them being customer service call centers with a few cell phone companies. And one thing that I've learned that I will always remember is what to listen for when a customer wants to leave. The one constant, solid fact that pertains to this situation is this - if a customer really wants to leave, they'll just do it. They'll just take their business elsewhere. Those that complain & threaten to leave, really don't want to leave, and would rather see something significant done to resolve their issue. They want to be satisfied, and they want to return. So CSR's, or in the case of Disney CM's, are trained to help those that complain and to do whatever they can to resolve their issues so that they will return. But both roles are also trained to listen & watch for those that don't say anything, that are not satisfied and could leave at the drop of the hat. You can't always save every customer, but for those that complain & are looking for results, even if they threaten to leave & never come back, those customers/guests can still be saved. So in the case of gtsouthard, there's still a point. Disney can still do something to make them want to come back. That's why he posted here because they want advice on what to do. Otherwise, it would be a done deal and we all wouldn't be having this conversation.
                          "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                            Originally posted by gtsouthard View Post
                            I dont think so. however my fiance may be able to based on what disney says to her. More than anything I want an answer from someone who can give me one as to why this actually was allowed to happen. there was an actual decision made by someone to do it. A good analogy is if a child saw mickey walking around without his head on. That is how badly this made me feel.
                            Now you have me curious.
                            "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: truly bad experience at disneyland. need some advice

                              More details are needed.
                              I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

                              Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

                              You know best :-)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X