• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MinnieMouse5366
    I <3 'o'
    • Jun 2005

Re: The Wicked Witch's Scary Adventure!

i know your joking, but just wanted to let some people know the ride was first intended to be like you were in snow whites shoes...experiencing her "scary adventures"...so that is why she is not in the ride very much...but they later decided it was not right now they added her in and changed the name....
    i dont know if this is accurate, i just read it on a website...some disney blog!
    'o' HaPpIeSt CeLeBrAtiOn On EaRtH HeRe I CoMe! 'o'
    Walt Disney World 5 times (going on 6)
    Disneyland and California Adventures 1 time
    <3 allison

Comment

• Disney Analyst
      Behind the refurb walls..
      • Apr 2005

It is, your snow white, and your seeing it through her eyes!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
        Basking in birthday love
        • Jul 2005

My biggest beef with the ride is the complete lack of falling action. You've got the climax, with the dwarves chasing the witch to the top of the cliff, where it's dark and scary, then you have a bolt of lightning and you come out and see a painting where everything is happily ever after. It's the same problem I have with Pinocchio, too. Dark, scary, all hope is lost, then you go through a door and Jiminy's singing "When You Wish Upon a Star." Straight from climax to denouement. Annoys me every time.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• Druggas
          Hooterville, USA
          • Feb 2005

It's a good ride. It's good for kids to be scared. Being scared in a safe enviroment is what makes it good.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• CoasterMatt
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2005

I love that there's the witches death screech, the doors open to reveal "They lived happily ever after" - well, obviously not EVERYBODY did
            See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
              DoleWhipDrea
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dlfreak
              It used to be called "Snow White's Adventures" but deeming it a bit scary they added the disclaimer to the title... "Snow White's SCARY Adventures"
              You are very right.

I love David Keonig's Mouse Tales books, and in one segment it talked all about this. They "tamed down the ride" supposedly and made the queue scarier, so that if the kids could handle the queue, the imagineers figured they could handle the ride.

The ride creeps me out, too. I do like the mines, though. hehe, pretty lights... :meet:

Comment

• ALIASd
                Top Shelf!
                MiceChat News Team
                • Jun 2005

I thought I was the only one still scared of this thing!
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• *SallyStitches*
                  Disney for life!~
                  • Jul 2005

I didn't think the ride was scary until I rode on it by myself!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

• Small Panda After All
                    Puppy Cuddles
                    • Mar 2005

My best friend forced me to go on this ride (because I forced her on Pinoccio, a ride based on a movie that terrifys her). Oh, my dear lord, that thing still freaks me out. If I ever had kids that wanted to go on it, I would send them on their merry way alone.
                    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

• thejoshualee
                      Not sure about anything
                      • Jun 2005

Ya know, Stephen King in his book "Danse Macabre" postulates that Children are able to handle scary things better than adults, if placed on the same level.

You see, kids are not able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality alot of the time. They are scared because they think it's real. Adults only get scared when they alow themselves to remember what it was like as a kid.

NOW if you took a kid on Snow White, and they think it's all real, they may cry, but they can handle it. What would an adult do if they actually thought it was real? They would FREAK OUT!

I think a good scare is good for a kid. I remember being toatly scared of Disneyland when I was a kid, but I still wanted to go. My neice and nephew are the same way, they want to go to disneyland, but the 2 year old holds his eyes and ears shut on just about everything (but still wants to ride) and the 7 year old is obsessed with the scary rides, even though she needs to be reminded over and over that it isn't real.

all in all, Disnelyand is a scary place, and that is a good thing :thumbup:
                      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

• Larxene1959
                        On Autopilot
                        • Apr 2005

We thought the ride was okay, the part where the wicked queen turns around and becomes the witch made me and my friend jump, but nothing scared us.

The two teens infront (a year older than us I reckon) screamed at EVERYTHING!! (that was remotely "Scary")

after we got out my friend bugged them by saying

"You know what was the scariest part? THE ANIMALS DOING THE LAUNDRY!! *gasp*!*

)

Comment

• Dirton
                          Banned User
                          • Mar 2005

LOL at the fact that this thread got resurrected from 3/16!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X