X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirton
    replied
    Re: The Wicked Witch's Scary Adventure!

LOL at the fact that this thread got resurrected from 3/16!!!

Leave a comment:

• Larxene1959
    replied

We thought the ride was okay, the part where the wicked queen turns around and becomes the witch made me and my friend jump, but nothing scared us.

The two teens infront (a year older than us I reckon) screamed at EVERYTHING!! (that was remotely "Scary")

after we got out my friend bugged them by saying

"You know what was the scariest part? THE ANIMALS DOING THE LAUNDRY!! *gasp*!*

)

Leave a comment:

• thejoshualee
    replied

Ya know, Stephen King in his book "Danse Macabre" postulates that Children are able to handle scary things better than adults, if placed on the same level.

You see, kids are not able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality alot of the time. They are scared because they think it's real. Adults only get scared when they alow themselves to remember what it was like as a kid.

NOW if you took a kid on Snow White, and they think it's all real, they may cry, but they can handle it. What would an adult do if they actually thought it was real? They would FREAK OUT!

I think a good scare is good for a kid. I remember being toatly scared of Disneyland when I was a kid, but I still wanted to go. My neice and nephew are the same way, they want to go to disneyland, but the 2 year old holds his eyes and ears shut on just about everything (but still wants to ride) and the 7 year old is obsessed with the scary rides, even though she needs to be reminded over and over that it isn't real.

all in all, Disnelyand is a scary place, and that is a good thing :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• Small Panda After All
    replied

My best friend forced me to go on this ride (because I forced her on Pinoccio, a ride based on a movie that terrifys her). Oh, my dear lord, that thing still freaks me out. If I ever had kids that wanted to go on it, I would send them on their merry way alone.

Leave a comment:

• *SallyStitches*
    replied

I didn't think the ride was scary until I rode on it by myself!

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

I thought I was the only one still scared of this thing!

Leave a comment:

• pineapplewhipaddict
    replied

Originally posted by dlfreak
    It used to be called "Snow White's Adventures" but deeming it a bit scary they added the disclaimer to the title... "Snow White's SCARY Adventures"
    You are very right.

I love David Keonig's Mouse Tales books, and in one segment it talked all about this. They "tamed down the ride" supposedly and made the queue scarier, so that if the kids could handle the queue, the imagineers figured they could handle the ride.

The ride creeps me out, too. I do like the mines, though. hehe, pretty lights... :meet:

Leave a comment:

• CoasterMatt
    replied

I love that there's the witches death screech, the doors open to reveal "They lived happily ever after" - well, obviously not EVERYBODY did

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

It's a good ride. It's good for kids to be scared. Being scared in a safe enviroment is what makes it good.

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

My biggest beef with the ride is the complete lack of falling action. You've got the climax, with the dwarves chasing the witch to the top of the cliff, where it's dark and scary, then you have a bolt of lightning and you come out and see a painting where everything is happily ever after. It's the same problem I have with Pinocchio, too. Dark, scary, all hope is lost, then you go through a door and Jiminy's singing "When You Wish Upon a Star." Straight from climax to denouement. Annoys me every time.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied

It is, your snow white, and your seeing it through her eyes!

Leave a comment:

• MinnieMouse5366
    replied

i know your joking, but just wanted to let some people know the ride was first intended to be like you were in snow whites shoes...experiencing her "scary adventures"...so that is why she is not in the ride very much...but they later decided it was not right now they added her in and changed the name....
    i dont know if this is accurate, i just read it on a website...some disney blog!

Leave a comment:

• Dirton
    replied
    I think that you all miss the point.....

I WAS JOKING!

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied
    The website two formats ago had disclaimers about some rides being too intense for children... Haunted Mansion and Snow White were two such rides.

I quoted from that old website when I built my own website and here's what they said:

Haunted Mansion
    "Please note: The ride itself is gentle, but young children may be frightened by the special effects."

Pirates of the Caribbean
    "Please note: Young children may be frightened by the special effects. Service animals are not recommended on this attraction."

Snow White's Scary Adventures
    "Please note: Some scenes and Characters may be too scary for young children. Service animals are not recommended on this attraction."

Leave a comment:

• Alan-A-Dale
    replied
    Scary

I think DL added the "Scary" to this as part of the '84 Fantasyland refurbishment. They *used* to have the park guide disclaimer about it being potentially too intense for little kids (HM did not have such a disclaimer, probably because this was/is a little more obvious to everyone).

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    I was always freaked out by the wicked queen that pops out of the window out front- she is one mean mofo!

Leave a comment:

• Orcatime
    replied
    I've only been on it once and wasn't scared, whereas with the HM when I was 4 I had nightmares for a week.

Leave a comment:

• mrmainstreet
    replied
    I seem to recall that the last time I was at WDW, their Scary Adventures had a disclaimer outfront that specified that it could be scary to young children. DL does not have such a disclaimer, it should. That witch relentlessly stalks you through the entire ride and must be absoulutely terrifying to the very young children that it is supposed to attract. Snow White gave me more willies than Alien Encounter.

Leave a comment:

• dlfreak
    replied
    I don't ever remember being scared of it though I remember always hating the bat rotisserie in the black forest.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    I went on it when I was 4 years old and had no problem with it.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X