This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Dead Dragon OR The case of me seeing Fantasmic last night

I was in Anaheim last September and saw Fantasmic with a dragon at the finale. Last night, no dragon. Just Maleficent on what looked like a heavy draped JLG lift and a green version of those plastic light-up toys that the cart vendors hawk before these nighttime shows.

I'm aware of all the hassles that dragon gave Disneyland a few years back. Have those problems crept back onto the scene? Is the dragon dead?

Re: Dead Dragon OR The case of me seeing Fantasmic last night

Fantasmic! is a live show, so things are bound to go wrong. The dragon misses a performance occasionally due to technical difficulties, but it's definitely not a occurring issue. After that first summer, she's actually been very reliable.

Comment

Think of the dragon as a huge AA that they have to move on stage and back down all in a two minute span. No only does the dragon have to move very quickly it also has a lot of pyrotechnics attached to it. Its very heavy and breaks down all the time. Our current dragon is still performing better than pervious ones.
      Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
      http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Last year she rarely failed to appear, though her fire breath was occasionally missing from one show or the other.

Comment

The dragon comes and goes. It seems like the dragon is around more frequently than it used to be. But, technical difficulties definitely occur that keep the dragon "sleeping" during an occasional Fantasmic performance. Fantasmic seems so different when the dragon isn't present.

Comment

I remember the first year of the "newer" dragon was hit or miss...I always thought it had been reliable lately...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X