This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Say goodbye to Autopia

Just heard from an inside source A utopia and Innoventions will soon have walls up for their removal. An unannounced Marvel property shall be moving in.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Re: Say goodbye to Autopia

Doubt it, the Autopia is not going to be removed ever.

Comment

old rumor.

Comment

Idk why they cant move the autopia to where the fantasyland one was and have it go around there, with the tomorrowland section gone there's room for another ride and Disney purists will be happy and i'll be happy and TDA will be un happy as usual
        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
          Just heard from an inside source A utopia and Innoventions will soon have walls up for their removal. An unannounced Marvel property shall be moving in.
          Source?

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post

Source?

:lol:
          I'd be sad to see it go, but I understand why it would need to eventually.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Its a fun ride and very scenic in the morning but if there's something better i say build something else
            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

I know this isn't 100% related, but does anyone know if those cars run on gas or something else? I've only ridden it once or twice (the fumes give me headaches) but if they do run on gas, I find it hard to believe that environmentalists aren't up in arms about a ride that burns so much fuel. Then again, I may have missed something.

Comment

This has been rumored for a while. I won't believe it until the walls actually go up.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Wouldn't it be hard to move it due to the Submarine showbuilding underneath it?
                  sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                    This has been rumored for a while. I won't believe it until the walls actually go up.
                    this

Comment

Apparently the deciding factor is the gas emissions. They've been getting pressure to redesign the entire fleet to cut down on the air pollution. It was the excuse Disney needed to finally burry this longtime attraction.

As for a source, I can't disclose that. Its the same source I found that the ladder safety and railings were the big upset from DOSH when they started closing rides awhile ago/tried to cancel Aladdin's ride out on the elephant. Also where I learned of the magic shop closing down before they hired an outside company to reopen it and run it.

So, believe what you wish. I just heard that walls will be up in TL to remove these attractions and thought I'd share the up to date news.
                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by iceicebergha View Post
                        I know this isn't 100% related, but does anyone know if those cars run on gas or something else? I've only ridden it once or twice (the fumes give me headaches) but if they do run on gas, I find it hard to believe that environmentalists aren't up in arms about a ride that burns so much fuel. Then again, I may have missed something.
                        They're basically go karts on a track. Not worth the fuss, especially since Disney is otherwise very eco-conscious. (The trains run on bio-diesel).

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          Probably not but who wouldn't like to see it re-done a bit.....maybe something like this:

Cinemark XD - Car Race - YouTube
                          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Isn't Autopia a top of the subs building? And if they close down Autopia that means they would have to close down the subs to. And isn't the iron man exhibit going on in Innoventions until September.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                              Apparently the deciding factor is the gas emissions. They've been getting pressure to redesign the entire fleet to cut down on the air pollution. It was the excuse Disney needed to finally burry this longtime attraction.

As for a source, I can't disclose that. Its the same source I found that the ladder safety and railings were the big upset from DOSH when they started closing rides awhile ago/tried to cancel Aladdin's ride out on the elephant. Also where I learned of the magic shop closing down before they hired an outside company to reopen it and run it.

So, believe what you wish. I just heard that walls will be up in TL to remove these attractions and thought I'd share the up to date news.

Fair enough. They would probably have some type of press release to give the Attraction a proper send off though. It would be a shame if it did not get it's due. Sure it is slow, loud and stinky, but it has provided some pretty great memories for the kids who actually got to drive a real car well before their 16h birthday.
                              I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X