This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Nutritional Information

Does anyone know where I could find nutritional information, specifically calories, for the foods in Disneyland? I know that Disney doesnt post or print this information, and myfitnesspal.com has a decent selection of Disneyland desserts, but Im looking more for meal calories (yogurt parfait, turkey leg, carne asada, etc.) . Are there any sites out there with that info?

Re: Nutritional Information

That is a tough thing to get your hands on! I have looked high and low and it is virtually nonexistent. My suggestion is to look through the all ears site for the menus and then try to match it with something comparable. My husband and I do that when we go out to a place that we cannot find nutritional content for on the web or in places like myfitnesspal. This allows us to kind of have a good idea of what we eat when we decide to eat in the parks to stay in our eating plans.
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

Originally posted by oodelally View Post
      Does anyone know where I could find nutritional information, specifically calories, for the foods in Disneyland? I know that Disney doesnt post or print this information, and myfitnesspal.com has a decent selection of Disneyland desserts, but Im looking more for meal calories (yogurt parfait, turkey leg, carne asada, etc.) . Are there any sites out there with that info?

Don't you know? All the food at Disneyland is sprinkled with Pixie Dust and the calories magically disappear! All you have to do is wave your magic wand over the food and say 'Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!. Well, that's what I tell myself.

I know Weight Watcher's has/had a good database of calorie counts. I think you have to be a member to access it. I found a website that lists different restaurants and WW points & calories. Not DL, but you may be able to find a particular restaurant listed that has a similar dish that you could use as a guideline.

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/w...rs-points.html

But I'd still go with the Pixie Dust = no calories theory if it was me. Good Luck!
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Disneyland actually won't provide you with nutritional information. It's because they can change things at any time. They don't have a complete list, or anything like that. They will actually tell you that on your website, and if you e-mail or call requesting information. They can eliminate certain things from food if you tell them you are on a specific diet...gluten free, dairy free, etc, but they won't tell you what the nutritional information is. They are actually exempt from all of the California laws pertaining to nutrition. I guess when you have the big bucks you can do that. You are better off choosing low fat/low salt/gluten free/vegetarian, whatever options before you go to the park rather than trying to figure out the nutritional information for everything.

Comment

You should know what not to eat. And how much to eat of what you will eat.

And, you should be able to take a day or two off. Life is to be lived. Get your moments in.

Split the Monte Cristo. That is my only advice.

Comment

Also, keep in mind that Disney has put out kids meals that are healthy and under 500 calories marked Kids Picks with a green check mark for small eaters on calorie restriction. Personally, I have a generally idea of the things I can and cannot eat. Remember to include the incredible amount of walking you do within the park and know that it can up the amount of calories you can consume when you go. Make choices and try to work with your meal restrictions. If you hit a counter service still go for some customization (no gravy or dressing on the side) every time you make that choice you put the control of the meal in your own hands. We also bring in healthy snacks with us, and never have a problem doing so.

Comment

Thanks guys! These are all fantastic thoughts & ideas, especially the reminder that everything is sprinkled in pixie dust & A-OK! Disneyland.com sent me a phone number to call & discuss dietary needs. Im going to ask them about specific calories in all my favorite foods. Wish me luck!

Comment

Please post back anything you find out!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X