This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Blame it on DOSH? major Space Mountain closure coming

The automated phone announcement states that Space Mountain will be closed from November 4 through January 17

Re: Blame it on DOSH? major Space Mountain closure coming

I'm sure it could have something with DOSH, but it's not unusual for E-tickets to be down for months. I'm guessing that they wanted to wait for BTRR to be finished.
    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-mountain.html

I wonder if Space's closure will be rescheduled until after BTMRR opens. If Space had a DOSH issue, I would expect it to close a lot sooner.

Comment

Guess there won't be a Ghost Galaxy this year, then.

Comment

According to the Disney Parks Blog, Ghost Galaxy will be open from September 13 thru October 31:

Halloween Time Returns to the Disneyland Resort September 13 – October 31; Mickey’s Halloween Party Expanding to 13 Nights « Disney Parks Blog

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-mountain.html

I wonder if Space's closure will be rescheduled until after BTMRR opens. If Space had a DOSH issue, I would expect it to close a lot sooner.
            Exactly. If it was due to safety, it would be closed right now.
            Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

It's hard to believe either dates at this point. I highly doubt both attractiosn will be down during the holidays. As others said if it was a safety thing it would be closed already.

One thought though is if I were going to DLR in mid novemebr I wouldn't ride Space Mountain BTMRR Because they were closed and I wouldn't ride the Matterhorn cause I hate it now. Geez I couldn't tell you a trip like that since the 80s because I wasn't tall enough for Space mountain where I wouldn't go on one of those three attractions.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Are they maybe getting the building ready for the makeover they were talking about? Remember they said that Captain EO would be closing at the end of this year and that they would be working on the adjoining buildings for the Star Wars makeover.

Comment

Um, when they say Space Mountain will be closed, could they mean it will be "closed" and replaced with Ghost Galaxy? Kind of like Haunted Mansion is "closed" but Haunted Mansion Holiday is "open" in its place?
                  sigpic
                  That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
                  but he was just the one to put the color on it." Ken Anderson
                  ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

The Ghost Galaxy overlay can be removed in a day. It will be gone by November 4, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Attic Haunt View Post
                      Um, when they say Space Mountain will be closed, could they mean it will be "closed" and replaced with Ghost Galaxy? Kind of like Haunted Mansion is "closed" but Haunted Mansion Holiday is "open" in its place?
                      There is one problem with your theory. Why would they have Ghost Galaxy running during the Christmas season?

Comment

First of all, everytime a ride closes it isn't because of DOSH. Even if it was, it is not the agency that is enforcing the rules that is to blame. It is the company that is violating them.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I posted this in the other thread, but the Disney line is still saying BTMRR will open October 30th. Since it also has this closure, maybe BTMRR is on track for the October reopening. It seems hard to believe that they would take both of these major rides out for the busy holiday season. If BTMRR was going to run over, I doubt they would then close SM on top of it.
                          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Well, it could be something else, yesterday, the very moment before I departed from the loading area, the ride went down, the lights came on, and we had to be evacuated. Apparently there was a power surge somewhere in the park (we were also evacuated from Pinocchio) and that closed down numerous attractions. Or you never know, perhaps it could have had something to do with this sudden closure.
                            "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

It's going to be closed over the very busy Christmas / New Year's season, so I'd say that's not a normal refurbishment. Either something is wearing out that need to be replaced ASAP and they're trying to keep Space Mountain going long enough for Big Thunder to come back, or there's a law or regulation that they need to comply with. If I'm not mistaken, most new law's come out on January 1st, so since Space Mountain is closing right before that, my guess would be there is a new law that Disney already knows Space Mountain doesn't comply with.
                              Disneyland Cast Member
                              Outdoor Vending
                              1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X