This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Thor coming to disneyland!

This has just been announced on the Disney Parks Blog!

Disneyland park will be able to visit Asgard this fall and come face-to-face with the Mighty Avenger, Thor.

This summer at Disneyland park, Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark IndustriesCaptain America will be appearing at Avengers Academy on the reimagined Disney Magic
    Be sure to check back here on the Disney Parks Blog
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Re: Thor coming to disneyland!

Wow. I guess it's started, Marvel is invading Disney. Did it say which park Thor would be in? I'm fine with Iron Man in Innoventions, but any other Marvel characters I would rather stay in DCA. Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of, but I could see them putting him in Hollywood land somewhere (complete with previews of the new Thor movie replacing the Muppets movie of course). Captain America on the Disney Cruise Line sounds like an odd combination, but Avengers Academy kind of sounds like the name of a kids club, and maybe it will replace the Toy Story / Science Lab kids club for ages 8 - 12, and so I'll never have to see it anyway.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Just get rid of Innoventions already.

Comment

Does Thor come with Natalie Portman?
        Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
          Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of
          Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction. A Norse God would feel at home in a European village.
          M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
          sigpic
          Flickr

Comment

YAY!!!!!! This makes a girl VERY happy!
            Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
              Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction. A Norse God would feel at home in a European village.
              Maybe the can permanently take the sword out of the stone and stick in a hammer.
              Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Asgard. Now that's an excellent idea for a land in a "3rd Gate". It could definitely work. I'd HATE to see a "Christian" land in any Disney theme park though, Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                  Asgard. Now that's an excellent idea for a land in a "3rd Gate". It could definitely work. I'd HATE to see a "Christian" land in any Disney theme park though, Yuck!
                  what?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

From the DisneyParks blog post, it sounds like this Asgard encounter will be taking the place of Iron Man Tech in the Innoventions building.

Comment

I'm fine with Iron Man in Innoventions, but any other Marvel characters I would rather stay in DCA.
                      Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
                      Asgard doesn't really fit any existing land that I can think of,
                      Fantasyland. Asgard may have some advanced technology, but it's still pretty much a high fantasy world rather then science fiction.
                      This, exactly.

Captain America on the Disney Cruise Line sounds like an odd combination, but Avengers Academy kind of sounds like the name of a kids club, and maybe it will replace the Toy Story / Science Lab kids club for ages 8 - 12, and so I'll never have to see it anyway.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
                        From the DisneyParks blog post, it sounds like this Asgard encounter will be taking the place of Iron Man Tech in the Innoventions building.
                        It's hard to tell. It also looks like they were just listing all the places that Marvel Characters have been seen or have been proposed to be located.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

If we would have just torn down Innoventions years ago none of this would have ever happened..

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                            If we would have just torn down Innoventions years ago none of this would have ever happened..

Exactly. We could have a legitimate Marvel ride there instead of rotating film promotions.

Comment

"Here you leave the world of today
                              And enter the world of
                              Movie brand marketing"

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X