Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Shopping Pass?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Shopping Pass?

    Hey guys!

    I will be going down to So Cal at the end of September, and I want to buy something from the Art on Demand in Disneyland. I know Disney use to give you a pass where you could go in the park for free for a limited time to purchase something and then return with the receipt of your purchase. Does Disney still do this?
    Jeff Wayne







  • #2
    Re: Shopping Pass?

    I believe that they discontinued that years ago. You were able to enter the parks with a valid credit card for one hour. If you used the time up, they would charge you a one day park admission.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Shopping Pass?

      Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
      I believe that they discontinued that years ago. You were able to enter the parks with a valid credit card for one hour. If you used the time up, they would charge you a one day park admission.
      Unfortunately that's both a match from my experience a few years back as well as anything I can find online.

      GhostHostJeff, you might want to call Disney directly on this one for options. There are a number of licensed Disney sites with prints on it you might wish to check as well - they might have what you're looking for without leaving your house.
      Boggard LIEEEEF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Shopping Pass?

        Yeah, while Disney might fear people using it to get in for free (for an hour) i did this once with my friend...and had an AP for 5 years sooo yeah I think they should have it come back even if only one at of every ten people buy a ticket or pass after...its better then NONE because I can tell you I'd never of got an AP unless I went back in the parks and felt how great it was to be back there
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Shopping Pass?

          Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
          Unfortunately that's both a match from my experience a few years back as well as anything I can find online.

          GhostHostJeff, you might want to call Disney directly on this one for options. There are a number of licensed Disney sites with prints on it you might wish to check as well - they might have what you're looking for without leaving your house.
          Thank you! I will look into it. I wish they didn't discontinue this, but you gotta role with the punches!
          Jeff Wayne






          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Shopping Pass?

            Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
            Yeah, while Disney might fear people using it to get in for free (for an hour) i did this once with my friend...and had an AP for 5 years sooo yeah I think they should have it come back even if only one at of every ten people buy a ticket or pass after...its better then NONE because I can tell you I'd never of got an AP unless I went back in the parks and felt how great it was to be back there
            They were covered regardless - you weren't allowed in on the Shopper until you'd provided an acceptable form of payment for a full day single park admission. If you failed to return within the time frame provided you had just purchased a full day admission. If you *did* return, your card would not be charged and the "hold" would be released.

            Everything I find online cites Downtown Disney as a motivator for removing this. I am intentionally not reacting to that here.
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Shopping Pass?

              You can order anything except for food via the hotline, but there is a shipping fee. I wonder if you couldn't arrange for a "pick-up" if you asked.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Shopping Pass?

                The big Disney Store in DTD has Art on Demand. And... You can order online. No need to enter Park

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Shopping Pass?

                  Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                  Hey guys!

                  I will be going down to So Cal at the end of September, and I want to buy something from the Art on Demand in Disneyland. I know Disney use to give you a pass where you could go in the park for free for a limited time to purchase something and then return with the receipt of your purchase. Does Disney still do this?
                  No longer available. You can go to World of Disney.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Shopping Pass?

                    Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                    No longer available. You can go to World of Disney.
                    You are right! World Of Disney Store has all the merchandise that can be found in the parks.
                    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                    - From "Prep And Landing"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Shopping Pass?

                      I'm so glad to know Art of Demand is at Downtown Disney now! Thank you, I will check it out.
                      Jeff Wayne






                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Shopping Pass?

                        Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                        They were covered regardless - you weren't allowed in on the Shopper until you'd provided an acceptable form of payment for a full day single park admission. If you failed to return within the time frame provided you had just purchased a full day admission. If you *did* return, your card would not be charged and the "hold" would be released.

                        Everything I find online cites Downtown Disney as a motivator for removing this. I am intentionally not reacting to that here.
                        No im just saying without it....id never went back inside the pack..felt the "magic" and got a pass....would have lost a lot of money for me not coming in for that hour...since im the one who got my friends to get passes too
                        Happy Halloween!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Shopping Pass?

                          Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                          You are right! World Of Disney Store has all the merchandise that can be found in the parks.
                          I didn't mean WoD has ALL the merchandise, but the Art on Demand the OP was looking for is available there. Yes, the shopping pass was nice, but with anything that can be abused, it was. Primarily by AP holders. AP holder goes to ticket booth, gets a shopping pass. Heads to turnstiles, hands off pass to friend. Both enter the park. After about 20 mins, AP holder walks out of park with the shopping pass (leaving friend in park) and turns it back in saying "Didn't find what I wanted..." Heads back into the park, and they are there til closing. Happened often.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Shopping Pass?

                            Originally posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
                            The big Disney Store in DTD has Art on Demand. And... You can order online. No need to enter Park
                            Just FYI, you can NOT order Art on Demand online. I wish you could... but nope!


                            Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                            KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Shopping Pass?

                              if you want the artwork sooner and know what you want, then I recommend the merchandise hotline 1-877-560-6477....

                              you can just call and order.......

                              after you receive the art work, please update us on the quality and your review...

                              i been considering ordering from the art on demand, but heard and seen horror stories on the quality...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X