This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Frozen Meet and Greet

I was at Disneyland last week when cast members working at both the Tangled Meet and Greet as well as Tinkerbell told me some things.

For starters: Vidia, Periwinkle, and Terrance are now considered "Long Lost Friends" because they will be no longer greeting at Pixie Hollow.

I also heard from Rapunzel herself and quite a few people that she is being evicted from her tower soon to make way for Anna and Elsa's Frozen meet and greet. No word on whether Kristoff will be there or if Rapunzel is being relocated. Apparently she'll be just doing greets after her Tangled show now in the Princess Fantasy Faire. Who knows if this will be actually happen but as of now it seems pretty solid. Thoughts?

Re: Frozen Meet and Greet

If true then YAY I love Tangled but I cannot wait to meet Elsa and Anna. Bring it on!
    http://twitter.com/TheDLBro

http://thedisneylandbro.tumblr.com

Comment

About time that Rapunzel met up with her royal friends at the Fantasy Faire. Sad to hear about Vidia and Terrance though. Vidia is my favorite fairy and having a male fairy lets America know that it's okay for boys to like fairies too.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
        About time that Rapunzel met up with her royal friends at the Fantasy Faire.
        Yes and no. That place isn't big, and for each once added another must go. It would be nice if it was bigger and more flexible. Sort of how you can go through Mickey's House and meet him in one costume or another.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          Yes and no. That place isn't big, and for each once added another must go. It would be nice if it was bigger and more flexible. Sort of how you can go through Mickey's House and meet him in one costume or another.
          Hopefully rather than eliminating another it just gives more variety to the rotations - it seems like they only rotate through 4 or so princesses. It'd be nice to have at least two complete different sets that you can meet, making it worth multiple trips even more!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
          KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
            Yeah, but they could change them out more frequently than they do. In fact, I thought that we the original concept, or at least what we all figured they'd do. It just always seems like the same three princesses: Aurora, Cinderella, and Ariel.
            Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
            :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Ummm I don't think Rapunzel is going anywhere.
              a.) she's still one of the most popular princesses
              b.) I've been told by several 'friends' of the princesses (in person) that Anna is going where the temporary Princess meet-and-greet was on small world mall by Matterhorn, which would fit the theme a LOT better then the tower...
              c.) do you really think they're gonna go through the effort of re-themeing that tower for a character that may or may not take-off? They re-did half the Starcade for WiR and that lasted what, three months before they had to shut it down again? I think Disney learned their lesson that just cause a character is 'new'; doesn't guarantee popularity.

Comment

I thought the tower was removed and only the room is themed? I think put Rapunzel in Fantasy Faire - good for rotating more often or even after her show!
                ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Originally posted by rebray10 View Post
                  b.) I've been told by several 'friends' of the princesses (in person) that Anna is going where the temporary Princess meet-and-greet was on small world mall by Matterhorn, which would fit the theme a LOT better then the tower...
                  I would guess it's many more time likely Anna will take the spot Merida took from Rapunzel.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I think I'm more excited about the upcoming Thor meet and greet than the one for Frozen. That movie just doesn't look that great to me.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

It wouldn't be in the Royal Hall but after the Tangled show that she does with Flynn in The Royal Theatre. They already do meet and greets after the show regularly.
                      As for being told by several friends of the princesses in person, that seems interesting. While nothing is currently set in stone clearly until an official announcement is made. I was too told in person by 'friends' of the princesses and cast members working the meet and greets as well. I think it's still up in the air and while I think by Matterhorn is a better spot, I am just reporting what I heard since no one else was talking about it. Also the tower room would be rethemed to Frozen. It's just a room next to village house themed inside to look like her tower, it's not an actual tower for anyone who is confused.
                      I find it a little strange and saddening if they do take Rapunzel out of that area seeing as the team members on the film Tangled took inspiration directly from that area of architecture in Fantasyland to design Rapunzel's village in the film. It just fits over there.
                      Also on the topic of retheming a tower to fit for a character that may or may not take off, I have a feeling two princess sisters (one having powers) will be a pretty big hit with the people that wait in line to meet the characters at the park. Princesses tend to be a hit.

Comment

Also looking forward to the new meet and greet. Hopefully they will theme the area like they did with Rapunzel.
                        "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by rebray10 View Post
                          They re-did half the Starcade for WiR and that lasted what, three months before they had to shut it down again? I think Disney learned their lesson that just cause a character is 'new'; doesn't guarantee popularity.
                          They didn't shut down the meet and greet with Ralph because he wasn't popular.
                          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                            They didn't shut down the meet and greet with Ralph because he wasn't popular.
                            I was confused to why he left, do you know the reason?

Comment

I don't think Perwinkle is a long lost friend she will come out only the winter times and I also don't believe that Vidia and Terence will fall in the list either send there both in the next movie that is coming out. Ture I haven't been to Pixie Hollow in a long time and when I have I've only have met Rosetta as of lately. Also about the Royal Hall it is not always with Cinderella,Ariel & Aurora. I have been in there alot and I get Princess like Mulan,Snow White,Jasmine and sometimes Princess Tiana. The key to know if one of these are in the hall is look at the plque that show the 3 Princess names on there before getting in line. If you don't see the names of Cinderella,Aurora & Ariel on there then that means Snow White or one of the others will be in there place.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X