This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Honorary House Guests: Haunted Mansion

About a year ago, my fiance and I got engaged inside the Haunted Mansion elevator room. It was great, but our pictures turned out awful, as we only had cell phones on hand. So with our wedding upcoming, we decided to return and re-create our pics. We went immediately at park opening, and the HM cast members were very kind and supportive, and allowed us access to linger in one of the elevator rooms to get the right picture.

But the most unexpected part of this is that afterwards, we were surprised with this certificate stating us as Honorary House Guests of the day. We were told it acted as a HM "fastpass" for the rest of the day, and we then signed a ledger in a separate book.

Both my partner and I are longtime Disney fans, and we had never heard of this! I feel like I saw this appear once in a thread here ages ago, but searching for it came up with nothing. Has anyone else ever gotten one? The cast members said they can give out one a day, but don't always. We did notice this is numbered 131. If that's a true count, then indeed, they don't seem to give out many. Actual size of the paper is equal to standard 8.5x11 paper folded in half.

In any case, it makes for a very unique wedding gift! Anyone else with any other info or stories to share about it would be welcome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Honorary House Guest -anon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	7373233
    (Names blurred out for privacy reasons)
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Re: Honorary House Guests: Haunted Mansion

That is awesome!! And what a great additional memory to commemorate the engagement and your upcoming nuptials. That you for sharing this!
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

Congratulations on your wedding plans. What a unique souvenir! Thanks for sharing it.
      "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

I remember getting a Driver of the Day award for Mulholland Madness for taking pictures of the queue area. Like the award you got, I could use the award as an unlimited fastpass to Mulholland Madness all day.

Comment

​That's cool! What a unique memory for your reenacted engagement.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

How cool! I never knew the Haunted Mansion had such a thing! Thanks for sharing! I wonder when they hand those out if they aren't handed out regularly?
            My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

What a wonderful bit of Disney magic! I've never heard of these before, the only thing I'd ever heard of was that some were able to get a "death certificate", but I heard they discontinued that.

Comment

Congratulations! If being engaged in the Haunted Mansion is something that is important/special for both of you, then you are in for a real FUN marriage!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and on the Honorary House Guest Certificate!

I haven't heard of this before! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                    Congratulations! If being engaged in the Haunted Mansion is something that is important/special for both of you, then you are in for a real FUN marriage!
                    This! You guys sound like a super fun couple! I've also never heard of this, so really appreciate you sharing your experience!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
                      What a wonderful bit of Disney magic! I've never heard of these before, the only thing I'd ever heard of was that some were able to get a "death certificate", but I heard they discontinued that.
                      Here is a link that you can make your own "death certificate" It may not be as cool as receiving it from the Mansion itself, but you can still get one!
                      Doombuggies.com presents the Haunted Mansion Death Certificate

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

They also do this at Monsters Inc Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! At the opening of the ride they have a scream off and the winner gets a pic with Sulley and a Awesome certificate.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X