Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

ToT and RSR!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

Tower of Terror is the best. Then I would say Grizzly, California Screamin', Toy Story Mania, and finally in a respectable fith Radiator Spring Racers.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Tower of Terror is probably my favorite, with California Screamin' a close second.

But that wasn't always the case. A few years back I went to Disneyland for the first time in about ten years, and California Adventure my first time ever. I wasn't a big fan of "free falling" rides, and expected it to be one where it lifted you up slowly and then dropped you. Needless to say, that first drop took me completely by surprise and by the end of the ride I didn't even want to see the picture due to how freaked out I must have looked. But after getting my first annual pass maybe a year later and riding it a ton, with a visit to Knotts Berry Farm in the midst and going on Supreme Scream a handful of times, I just enjoy the experience now.

It's made even better if you get a good cast member. There was one I saw a few times that I really liked. As everyone waited to get on the elevator, he walked around just staring at people. It was so awkward. Then we all got into the ride and I forgot what he said exactly but in the middle of his speech he picked one person to stare at for an uncomfortable amount of time, and then finally finished what he was saying before closing the door. I think he was quoting some line from the "Hokey Pokey" song for whatever reason.

Comment

I have never been to DCA so I am excited to check it out in a few weeks. My must do rides are RSR, Grizzly River Run, & the Toy Story ride. I am actually scared to ride Tower of Terror for some strange reason....

Comment

RSR because it successfully combines both dark ride and roller coaster elements. Soarin' would be second for me. I do like DCA's ToT, but not as much as DS's version.
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Red Car Trolley for the win.
              Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

TOT first with Little Mermaid second.
                Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Soarin over California followed by TSMM.

Comment

I rode tower of terror once and will not be doing it again! However I love the little mermaid and Screamin!
                    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
                    A.A. Milne

Comment

Tower of Terror in a near tie with the Cove Bar ride. After that, Muppetvision and then the DCA dark rides (TSM, Mermaid, Monsters).
                      Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

Originally posted by PrototypeX85 View Post
                        Tower of Terror is probably my favorite, with California Screamin' a close second.

But that wasn't always the case. A few years back I went to Disneyland for the first time in about ten years, and California Adventure my first time ever. I wasn't a big fan of "free falling" rides, and expected it to be one where it lifted you up slowly and then dropped you. Needless to say, that first drop took me completely by surprise and by the end of the ride I didn't even want to see the picture due to how freaked out I must have looked. But after getting my first annual pass maybe a year later and riding it a ton, with a visit to Knotts Berry Farm in the midst and going on Supreme Scream a handful of times, I just enjoy the experience now.

It's made even better if you get a good cast member. There was one I saw a few times that I really liked. As everyone waited to get on the elevator, he walked around just staring at people. It was so awkward. Then we all got into the ride and I forgot what he said exactly but in the middle of his speech he picked one person to stare at for an uncomfortable amount of time, and then finally finished what he was saying before closing the door. I think he was quoting some line from the "Hokey Pokey" song for whatever reason.
                        I think I've mentioned his name before but yes, totally agree, the experience is made even better when you get an awesome bellhop. One night on a trip I took last October a guy named David was our bellhop, scared the daylights out of one of my friends and was all around just embodying exactly what you'd want from a character for that ride. I'll never forget him. And the drops that time seemed a lot scarier I think just because he set up the experience for us!
                        Go. Live your dream.

Comment

Radiator Springs Racers has become a favorite of mine, but before then it was California Screamin. Then when I overcame my fear of ToT and rode it 5 times back in 2007, that because my favorite ride in the park.

So in order: Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin', Tower of Terror, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (it's a lot of fun), and Monsters Inc.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I didn't like TOT for years, but over the last few trips I've really grown to like it. Grizzly is probably my favorite though.
                            Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Tower of Terror and Radiator Springs Racers are probably tied.

Originally posted by tahoebob54 View Post
                              They took out my favorite ride, i can only hope they will bring back
                              "Superstar Limo"
                              No offense (I didn't visit CA Adv until 2009), but I didn't know what this was and just watched a ride through of this attraction of You Tube and holy hell am I surprised that was in a Disney park.

Comment

I love Tower of Terror but I'm going to have to go with Radiator Springs Racers. Just a unique ride in itself with great theming.

Tower of Terror at DCA is still an epic ride, and I know this might irk some people but Disney World has the better version of this one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X