Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] First time visitor and need some help!

I will be taking my kids to DLR and DCA for the 1st time in a few weeks. Staying on property at the DLH. Have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer We are going to the parks Mon-Wed. Going to DLR on Monday, and Tues using EE on Tuesday. Then using EE to DCA on Wednesday.

1. Is it better to ride the monorail into Tomorrowland or use the front entrance during the DLR EE?
    2. Is it better to use the main entrance or the private entrance to DCA when using EE?
    3. Where exactly do I obtain World of Color Fastpasses?
    4. Where exactly do I obtain RSR fastpasses once DCA opens?
    5. If I purchase food items from say Pooh's Bakery, can I have those sent to my room as well as other purchases?

Thanks for anyone who has some advice for me! I have been reading up on all sorts of things but any other tips or tricks would be great!

Re: First time visitor and need some help!

1. Use the front entrance when entering.
    2. Use main entrance in morning, use GCH when exiting back to DLH.
    3. Same place you get your FPs for Grizzly River Run.
    4. If you are already in the park during EE, there is an opening in the line near the rope drop area. The line will lead you to the FP area before you enter Bugs Land. Get in that line at the very end of your EE, you only need to go there 5 minutes before the park opens to everyone.
    5. No idea, I thought they only sent packages back to your room, not sure about food.

Have a great trip!
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by lindyv321 View Post
      I will be taking my kids to DLR and DCA for the 1st time in a few weeks. Staying on property at the DLH. Have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer We are going to the parks Mon-Wed. Going to DLR on Monday, and Tues using EE on Tuesday. Then using EE to DCA on Wednesday.

1. Is it better to ride the monorail into Tomorrowland or use the front entrance during the DLR EE?
      2. Is it better to use the main entrance or the private entrance to DCA when using EE?
      3. Where exactly do I obtain World of Color Fastpasses?
      4. Where exactly do I obtain RSR fastpasses once DCA opens?
      5. If I purchase food items from say Pooh's Bakery, can I have those sent to my room as well as other purchases?

Thanks for anyone who has some advice for me! I have been reading up on all sorts of things but any other tips or tricks would be great!

Since you are a first time visitor, my answers might be slightly different than someone who as visited multiple times.
      1) Front Entrance. You have to experience walking through the tunnels and onto Main Street. Nothing quite like it.
      2) Main Entrance. See #1 above. BV street with the Carthay is amazing.
      3) At Grizzly River Run FP Machines
      4) At the Bugs Life Theater just before the entrance to Bugs Land. Depending on the age of any children that might be riding with you, I say skip the FP and go single rider. I have 11 & 13 year old daughters and we only do single rider. The line to get a FP line is pretty long for RSR.
      5) Don't know about food. Have never tried it.

Have fun.

Comment

1. Sometimes there are delays with the Monorail, so if you want to be sure you are in the parks for the hour, I would go to the main turnstiles...early.
        2. I would go to the main turnstiles. That entrance is mainly for GCH guests first thing in the AM, and only has two turnstiles...so getting through there can take a while.
        3. At Grizzly River Run's FP machines.
        4. If you are going to obtain one on your EMH day at DCA, head to TSMM and the other Cars Land rides that don't offer FP. Head over to It's Tough to be a Bug (that is where the FP line is starting). Make sure you enter the one for hotel guests.
        5. As long as they are packaged, they can likely be shipped back to room.

Comment

1. As others have said, use the main entrance and not the monorail. Monorail is notorious for not running first thing in the am. Make sure you get to the main plaza 30 minutes before EE to get a place in line.
          2. You can do either, but the main entrance is quicker.
          3. WoC Fastpasses can be obtained at the Grizzly River Run kiosk. These don't usually run out, or if they do not until late in the day, so you can wait until later in the morning to obtain them and not necessarily during EE.
          4. The Fast pass Kiosks are around the corner from It's a Bug's Life. They don't turn on until actual park opening, so there is no point to getting in line until about 5 min. prior to park opening. At that point the line may still be quite long, but don't be discouraged - there are 5 machines and CMs at the front so it goes quickly. Even if you're at the end of the block it's only about a 25 minute wait. I imagine your wait will be even less.

Comment

are you a first time visitor? Or are the children?

Comment

Thanks everyone!

4. If you are going to obtain one on your EMH day at DCA, head to TSMM and the other Cars Land rides that don't offer FP. Head over to It's Tough to be a Bug (that is where the FP line is starting). Make sure you enter the one for hotel guests.
              Good to know there is a separate line for hotel guests! Helps with to think of the "perks" for staying on property since it's so expensive!

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
              are you a first time visitor? Or are the children?
              I haven't been to DLR for 16 years, have never been to DCA, and my kids have never been to either park. They also have no idea we are going, going to tell them the morning we leave! I can't believe I have been able to keep it a secret for the last like 7 months!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X