X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ideal trip length

Hi all,

I'm planning my second trip to disneyland and will be going in April 2015 around mid month.

Just wanting to know people's opinions on whether to stay 3 or 4 days.

I wanna be able to do ALL the rides and soak in the atmosphere and not rush too much. Would love to see most Main Street performances. I will be staying mid week going into the weekend so that the last day in park will be a Saturday so I can see fantasmic and fireworks if they are going.

Also will see world of colour one night and probably only spend half a day at DCA to do RSR, CS, Aladdin, ariel, TSM.

What are people's thoughts? Can this be done in 3?

Re: Ideal trip length

Originally posted by bjmort View Post
    Hi all,

I'm planning my second trip to disneyland and will be going in April 2015 around mid month.

Just wanting to know people's opinions on whether to stay 3 or 4 days.

I wanna be able to do ALL the rides and soak in the atmosphere and not rush too much. Would love to see most Main Street performances. I will be staying mid week going into the weekend so that the last day in park will be a Saturday so I can see fantasmic and fireworks if they are going.

Also will see world of colour one night and probably only spend half a day at DCA to do RSR, CS, Aladdin, ariel, TSM.

What are people's thoughts? Can this be done in 3?
    In three days, it is all possible, but having a forth day is perfect. My wife and I drive down from Boise, Id and spend three full days and then a forth day until about 7 pm when we leave for the first part of our drive back home (Vegas). It gives us plenty of time to do everything we want to do, which is pretty much everything once and our favorites multiple times.

Whether you stay 3 or 4 days the real secret is to take advantage of early entry and rope drops. Getting the super popular rides out of the way (RSR, Midway Mania, etc) really frees up the rest of the day to do everything else.

Comment

When my family and I usually go, we take a 2 hour road trip and go for about 3 nights. For me personally I'm the type of person that wants to do everything in both parks without rushing to do them, I want to be able to enjoy myself and do all of the little things without rushing to the main attractions.

This is doable in 3 days, but you would enjoy yourself a lot more if you had that one extra day in the park. The ideal vacation to Disneyland in my opinion would be 4 days.

Comment

Yeah I think 4 days in park is the way to go.

Also, when have you found is the best time to book accommodation to get it cheap? Looking bro stay somewhere near the entrance. Stayed at Fairfield inn last time and found it great for what we needed.

Comment

4 days is usually the best bet to get everything the resort has to offer.

The Hilton next to the Anaheim Convention Center (right behind DCA) has really great value with great quality. It is within walking distance of the Harbor entrance, but the buses still transport from there.

Try to tackle DCA as the first park (my technique is always "best for last"). It really frees up the hype with all the new offerings from there. If DL is your first choice, no harm done anyways. Try to squeeze a night in Downtown Disney in there somewhere. If you're looking for dinner options, Rainforest or ESPN offer great atmosphere and activity (food-wise, I thought to be just OK).

Best of luck to you! :thumbup:
          Stopping in the middle is
          DISTINCTLY
          UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

Yeah went to downtown disney last time I was there and loved it. Rainforest cafe is an experience in itself.

Liked staying on harbour blvd last time I was there but will have a look at the Hilton.

Comment

Wait, did you say April 2015?

AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS FROM THE 16TH-19TH!!!!!!
              Star Wars Celebration will be taking place at the Convention Center!
              Stopping in the middle is
              DISTINCTLY
              UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

As much as I would live to go to celebration! Will probs go around the 22nd

Comment

The more days the better.
                  Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Is it possible in 3 days? Yes

Is it ideal? Meh, not for me

For me personally, I always try to stay 5 days when I go. It gives you plenty of time to do things (often multiple times) and gives you enough time to not feel like you're constantly running from place to place. Obviously it depends on what time of the year you visit, too. If you're going in April after the Spring Break crowds you should be fine with 3 days. If you're going during Spring Break I would definitely do 4 because the foot traffic will be a lot more during a peak season.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I usually go 4 days and have found that to be the perfect length. Make sure you avoid the Star Wars convention and Spring Break to get less crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by kalelvis View Post
                        In three days, it is all possible, but having a forth day is perfect. My wife and I drive down from Boise, Id and spend three full days and then a forth day until about 7 pm when we leave for the first part of our drive back home (Vegas). It gives us plenty of time to do everything we want to do, which is pretty much everything once and our favorites multiple times.

Whether you stay 3 or 4 days the real secret is to take advantage of early entry and rope drops. Getting the super popular rides out of the way (RSR, Midway Mania, etc) really frees up the rest of the day to do everything else.
                        This is good advice. If you can stay for 4 days, you will be sure to see everything. You never know how busy the park will be and an extra day means you don't have to rush, or worry if the lines are too long that you will miss something.

We did early entry once for DCA and I loved it! We rodes RSR three times before everyone else got it. I'm not an early morning person, but it was totally worth it!
                        sigpic
                        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Also, consider, you're in Southern California.

Should you somehow wind up with spare time on a longer trip (I know, longshot ) there are a wide variety of things to do from seasonal events through other themeparks, museums and spots of entertainment/historic interest.
                          Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Sorta off topic; I think it is pretty cool how the number 4 keeps coming up. I would have said the same thing. Should DLR add another "gate" (makes me think of Stargate), would the stay in the Resort area increase? Would people do less of one park for another?

As one person I could probably do fine with three days, especially if I picked three LONG days, in the park, with an afternoon/evening at Downtown Disney and a few precious moments at Napa Rose (all I can afford!)

(A Star Wars convention on top of a Disney visit would probably blow out my circuits -- I don't think I could handle that much pop culture in a single location at a single time.)
                            Last edited by DobbysCloset; 09-16-2013, 02:13 PM. Reason: Thought of New Joke
                            "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Comment

So I've been doing further research on my next trip and these are all the attractions I plan to hit on my 4 day visit. 3 of these days will be in disneyland and one in DCA. I plan to be going on a Wednesday through Saturday last week of April so park hours will be 10-8 on the first 2 days and then 9-12/11 the last two. It will just be me and my Wife.

so here is my list of things I wanna do, let me know if you think I'll be able to get this all done in 4 days. Would like to get Indy and haunted mansion done more than once and maybe Star tours

ATTRACTIONS

DCA Day
                              Radiator Springs Racers
                              Luigi flying tyres
                              Maters Junk yard jamboree
                              Soarin' over California
                              Grizzly River Run
                              Aladdin show
                              Toy story midway Mania
                              Monsters inc
                              California Screamin'
                              The little Mermaid