Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who to contact to report bad experience with ride operating staff?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Who to contact to report bad experience with ride operating staff?

My sister brought her son to ride Radiator Springs racers today. He hasn't been able to ride because he didn't meet the height requirement during our past visits. We go to check to see if he is tall enough. The cast member at the initial entrance says that he is tall enough to ride. We wait in line for 1 hour 20 min and make our way to the second height check near the passenger loading. The cast member here pretty much checks his height for almost 7-10 minutes pushing my nephews head down saying that he is tippy toeing and isn't tall enough to ride the ride. I don't have a problem with him not being tall enough. But the 1st cast member wasted our time and should have just told us he wasn't tall enough.

Does anyone know who I can contact to report this?

Re: Who to contact to report bad experience with ride operating staff?

Originally posted by DrFeelBad View Post
    My sister brought her son to ride Radiator Springs racers today. He hasn't been able to ride because he didn't meet the height requirement during our past visits. We go to check to see if he is tall enough. The cast member at the initial entrance says that he is tall enough to ride. We wait in line for 1 hour 20 min and make our way to the second height check near the passenger loading. The cast member here pretty much checks his height for almost 7-10 minutes pushing my nephews head down saying that he is tippy toeing and isn't tall enough to ride the ride. I don't have a problem with him not being tall enough. But the 1st cast member wasted our time and should have just told us he wasn't tall enough.

Does anyone know who I can contact to report this?
    This is done for guest safety. Maybe the first CM didn't see him on his tippy toes. That is why they have multiple checks because with multiple cast members looking for these things it increases the safety.

Yes I understand it sucks to have waited that whole time but parents are always trying to get their children on rides by spiking up their hair or other means.

I would like to know if you knew he was on his tippy toes for the first check.

Comment

CM was right to deny your child on height. Too bad for you that it was the second CM that got it right.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

You have no real complaint, imo. It's their job to double check the heights. I have witnessed this numerous times on rides. It's just your unfortunate luck that the second CM caught it and not the first.

But, if you feel like you really need to send a complaint you can send an email to Disney through their website. You will get a response within a week. Or for future reference, you can stop by City Hall inside Disneyland and file a complaint there.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

This is exactly why there is more than one height check on the rides. The CMs were doing their jobs as they were supposed to do. Nothing wrong here.

Comment

I can understand how you felt after standing in line well over an hour with an excited child only to be told in the end that he's too small. The system failed you and the first CM should have caught it. But it's also a lesson for you and your son that tip-toeing to trick the CM (or any kind of cheating) is a bad idea and that ultimately the fault lies within yourselves.

Comment

the thing is he wasn't tippy toeing, the first cm told him to raise his arms up at the first height check and said just do this at the next check and he'll be fine. The cm at the 2nd stop pretty much was pushing my nephews head down when he tried raising his arms. I'm not mad about them not letting him ride, its just that the first cm shouldn't have let him on in the first place. They should have more consistent checking or at least have the same standards on checking.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                I can understand how you felt after standing in line well over an hour with an excited child only to be told in the end that he's too small. The system failed you and the first CM should have caught it. But it's also a lesson for you and your son that tip-toeing to trick the CM (or any kind of cheating) is a bad idea and that ultimately the fault lies within yourselves.
                Full of awesome....

Comment

the thing is he wasn't tippy toeing, the first cm told him to raise his arms up at the first height check and said just do this at the next check and he'll be fine. The cm at the 2nd stop pretty much was pushing my nephews head down when he tried raising his arms. I'm not mad about them not letting him ride, its just that the first cm shouldn't have let him on in the first place. They should have more consistent checking or at least have the same standards on checking.
                  Weird; I just went through training and I can't tell you how many times we talked about safety and how we shouldn't be taking shortcuts. Why a CM would suggest a trick (for lack of a better word) to make your son appear taller is mind-boggling to me.

Comment

The problem that I have is the inconsistency in the measuring procedures as explained by the two workers. One says that it is ok to raise the child’s arms, the other says that it isn’t. The best bet would be to report the works names to City Hall or to the complaint e-mail box. Make sure that your complaint specifically outlines the inconsistencies that way they will be addressed with the individual workers. If they were in any way rude about it, be sure to report that as well.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                      The problem that I have is the inconsistency in the measuring procedures as explained by the two workers. One says that it is ok to raise the child’s arms, the other says that it isn’t. The best bet would be to report the works names to City Hall or to the complaint e-mail box. Make sure that your complaint specifically outlines the inconsistencies that way they will be addressed with the individual workers. If they were in any way rude about it, be sure to report that as well.
                      ^ this
                      "Raiders Suck"
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

This happens from time to time at attractions with height requirements. It's not enjoyable for the parents, children, or cast members, but it's inevitably going to happen on rare occasions. Some children are just barely on the cusp of being tall enough, to the point where the slightest change in posture could turn a "yes" into a "no".

It's completely understandable to be frustrated with the situation and the time it caused you to waste. You can certainly contact Disney through their website to let them know that. But without knowing the individual cast members involved, I would imagine that they were just doing their jobs to the best of their ability in a difficult situation.

You also said that the second cast member was pretty much pushing down the child's head. This is something cast members frequently get accused of at attractions with height requirements. All they're actually doing is using a hand or finger or determine whether there's a gap between the child's head and the height indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          The problem that I have is the inconsistency in the measuring procedures as explained by the two workers. One says that it is ok to raise the child’s arms, the other says that it isn’t....
                          Exactly. There have been other threads discussing this issue. It comes down to the same problem that generates so many complaints about CMs: the inconsistency with which some of them apply rules and standards. Which, along with Disney's poor training standards, is itself a topic that has been much discussed on this forum.
                          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Smarter amusement parks solve this problem by measuring the child with a height measure near the entrance of the park and issuing them colored wristbands, along with a color key that shows exactly which ride a child can ride, and which they cannot.

Maybe someday Disney will catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                              Smarter amusement parks solve this problem by measuring the child with a height measure near the entrance of the park and issuing them colored wristbands, along with a color key that shows exactly which ride a child can ride, and which they cannot.

Maybe someday Disney will catch up.
                              Disney actually planned for this at one point, in the late 90s I believe. It would have been a laser measuring chair. There are patent for it that I've seen on it before.

I believe there were concerns over people switching wristbands, etc.
                              WELCOME ABOARD
                              THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X