This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I was just watching the Bedknobs and Broomsticks DVD and during the opening credits there is a tapestry presentation. I noticed that the castle you see at the beginning is in fact the Disneyland castle, or looks alot like it! At Imdb.com they say the tapestry shows the Norman Conquest of England. I'm curious if Walt got his own personal touch in there.

Anybody know?
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Re: Bedknobs and Broomsticks

ORDDU: My sisters and I noticed the very same similarity that YOU did, Niyxstyx, duckling. There's no doubt in our collective minds that there was some intent to salute Disneyland and Sleeping Beauty Castle by having that art work included in the credits.

ORGCOH: Aside from that, BEDBUGS 'n BROOMSTICKS was always one a our fav'rite Dizzy movies..

ORWEN: Any movie about witches is bound to attract your Cauldron girls, you know. Plus Eglantine Price is such a loveable dear.

ORDDU: While the film didn't quite attract the same large audience that MARY POPPINS did, it's still a wonderful piece of entertainment that we enjoy conjuring up for a repeat look-see inside the crystal ball.

Comment

Its supposed to be a depiction of the Bayeux Tapestry which shows William the Conquerors Norman invasion of England in 1066. The castle does look like the Disney castle, and probably is being that it was the Disney artists version of the tapestry which we see in the movie. I can't really find any evidence of it actually being related to a specific castle though.
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I noticed that too when I was watching the VHS version a couple days ago. NEAT.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
        -Jurassic Park

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X