Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

While I do love the new California Adventure, I sometimes miss the original one.
    Like the big letters and entrance looking like a giant postcard. I think the new entrance and additions are great and nice, California Adventure has been apart of my childhood and since the remodel, I haven't been with my whole family since we're all older. But sometimes when I think about the old one I miss it, especially Paradise Pier since the remodel. I remember being 8 years, in the PPH, and just looking out the window and seeing the view of DCA, I loved the Orange Stingers and Sun Wheel. It was a beautiful view of the park. I'm glad Disney made it better, but sometimes I miss it.

Re: Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

You know, although I feel it's better now, I do get nostalgic for the past, knowing that I can never revisit parts of it again.

I liked Golden Dreams, and Seasons of the Vine, and the old ABC Soap Opera Bistro. I liked the letters out front. These are gone, but I think there were some pretty good things there. I wouldn't want it to revert back, but every once in a while, I'd like to step into the Tardis and go back to visit the original format.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I think that almost all of the changes are for the best, by a longshot, but I miss the old Sun Wheel. I also miss the Mickey ears on California Screamin,the elephants at the entrance to Hollywood and the Zephyr train cars.
      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I miss the waves.

Comment

I miss the low crowds.

Comment

I miss the letters out front, but not much else. I went once to the original 6 months after it opened or so with friends, we didn't spend much time there, my friends complained about how crappy a time they had, and we ended up with free passes for a future visit to Disneyland. Doubt they would do that now.

Comment

I liked the Whoopi Goldberg movie and the wine movie. It was a touch of EPCOT edutainment in CA.

Comment

Yes, I miss the adventure of finding the nearest tram stop in the gigantic parking lot and being taken directly to the main entrance of Disneyland.

Comment

I miss the parking lot.

Comment

There are some elements I'm nostalgic for. Given the choice, though, I wouldn't bring any of them back.

Comment

I miss the price it used to cost

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I'm with Dznygrl, I miss the low crowds. There were times when I thought we had an amusement park all to ourselves.
                        "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

Comment

I only thing I really miss are the Food and Wine Festivals.

Comment

I do miss the California theme. Im not a fan of the new theme, but I think it was probably the best move for the park itself. I also miss staying at the Alpine and walking into the parking lot to catch a tram. But life is change, right? Im sure that after we've let our APs expire, and Disney makes all these huge changes while we take a Disney break, those changes wont feel right to me either.

Comment

I miss the letters - especially at Halloween when they turn the letter A into candy corn.

Fun Stuff!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X