Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

While I do love the new California Adventure, I sometimes miss the original one.
    Like the big letters and entrance looking like a giant postcard. I think the new entrance and additions are great and nice, California Adventure has been apart of my childhood and since the remodel, I haven't been with my whole family since we're all older. But sometimes when I think about the old one I miss it, especially Paradise Pier since the remodel. I remember being 8 years, in the PPH, and just looking out the window and seeing the view of DCA, I loved the Orange Stingers and Sun Wheel. It was a beautiful view of the park. I'm glad Disney made it better, but sometimes I miss it.

Re: Do you ever miss the original California Adventure?

You know, although I feel it's better now, I do get nostalgic for the past, knowing that I can never revisit parts of it again.

I liked Golden Dreams, and Seasons of the Vine, and the old ABC Soap Opera Bistro. I liked the letters out front. These are gone, but I think there were some pretty good things there. I wouldn't want it to revert back, but every once in a while, I'd like to step into the Tardis and go back to visit the original format.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I think that almost all of the changes are for the best, by a longshot, but I miss the old Sun Wheel. I also miss the Mickey ears on California Screamin,the elephants at the entrance to Hollywood and the Zephyr train cars.
      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I miss the waves.

Comment

I miss the low crowds.

Comment

I miss the letters out front, but not much else. I went once to the original 6 months after it opened or so with friends, we didn't spend much time there, my friends complained about how crappy a time they had, and we ended up with free passes for a future visit to Disneyland. Doubt they would do that now.

Comment

I liked the Whoopi Goldberg movie and the wine movie. It was a touch of EPCOT edutainment in CA.

Comment

Yes, I miss the adventure of finding the nearest tram stop in the gigantic parking lot and being taken directly to the main entrance of Disneyland.

Comment

I miss the parking lot.

Comment

There are some elements I'm nostalgic for. Given the choice, though, I wouldn't bring any of them back.

Comment

I miss the price it used to cost

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I'm with Dznygrl, I miss the low crowds. There were times when I thought we had an amusement park all to ourselves.
                        "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

Comment

I only thing I really miss are the Food and Wine Festivals.

Comment

I do miss the California theme. Im not a fan of the new theme, but I think it was probably the best move for the park itself. I also miss staying at the Alpine and walking into the parking lot to catch a tram. But life is change, right? Im sure that after we've let our APs expire, and Disney makes all these huge changes while we take a Disney break, those changes wont feel right to me either.

Comment

I miss the letters - especially at Halloween when they turn the letter A into candy corn.

Fun Stuff!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X