Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thunder Mountain Opening Pushed Back to Winter of 2014!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Big Thunder Mountain Opening Pushed Back to Winter of 2014!

Apologies if this has been talked about already! From the Disney Parks blog..

Behind the Walls: Update on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Refurbishment at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

Re: Big Thunder Mountain Opening Pushed Back to Winter of 2014!

Well, I guess the rumors were true. Looks like its going to be reopening in February.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Comment

Eh, "Winter" is a big window. Another thread on this has a CM stating that they're already bringing in staffing for training shifts in the very near future (next schedule period).

My money's on Thanksgiving. It'll give them a month plus a few weeks of shakedown and training before soft openings, and a week of soft openings before the big weekend.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I was really hoping it was going to open on time, but better safe then sorry! I am really hoping it before February though!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
            Eh, "Winter" is a big window. Another thread on this has a CM stating that they're already bringing in staffing for training shifts in the very near future (next schedule period).

My money's on Thanksgiving. It'll give them a month plus a few weeks of shakedown and training before soft openings, and a week of soft openings before the big weekend.
            It is winter 2014 ​meaning anywhere from January 1st to March 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by 999mal View Post
              It is winter 2014 ​meaning anywhere from January 1st to March 19th.
              That is one interpretation.

Another is that "Winter 2014" includes what is generally accepted as the winter season - roughly from late November through February-March. Or they could be stating that the ride will not open until the Winter season that begins in 2014, meaning the ride will not open for over a full calendar year from this point.
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Hopefully Winter 2014 means the winter during the first part of the year, and not the winter that starts at the end of next year...

Edit: N/m, the comment section on the article stated that its the winter at the beginning of the year
                There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                -Dr. Strange

Comment

In the comments Erin clarifies, "Monica – to clarify, we mean Winter 2014 in terms of early in the year."

Comment

- to clarify, we mean Winter 2014 in terms of early in the year.
                    Just in case anyone is confused.

Still hoping they hit the February mark.
                    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

I'm disappointed that it won't be open soon, but I'd much rather that they take all the time they need to make sure that it's safe and ready to go. If they need until winter 2014 for that, it is what it is. I'm excited to see it when it does open.
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                        Another is that "Winter 2014" includes what is generally accepted as the winter season - roughly from late November through February-March
                        On what calendar does it say winter starts in November? It starts on December 21. If it started in late November, that would make Thanksgiving a winter holiday when it has always been regarded as a Fall holiday.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                          Also, where's the second set of wheels on the engine? Seriously?
                          They were removed on all Big Thunder Mountain Railroad trains around the world in response to the fatal train failure at Disneyland in September 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            On what calendar does it say winter starts in November? It starts on December 21. If it started in late November, that would make Thanksgiving a winter holiday when it has always been regarded as a Fall holiday.
                            You are 100% correct. I will make sure when I go to the parks in late November to enjoy the Autumn Before Christmas overlay and enjoy all of the renowned Autumnal decorations applied everywhere in the parks.
                            Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X