This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Bringing your own music on the rides

So does anyone else occasionally bring their own music on the rides? Ever since I read about the imagineer (I think I read about it on MiceAge but I could be wrong) who used to bring his own headphones when he went on Space Mountain, and that's where the idea for music on Space Mountain came from, I've been bringing my own music whenever I go into the park. I generally like very loud, hardcore music anyway so it fits very well with riding a roller coaster. So here are my ideal songs that I've found for some of the different rides at Disneyland:

Space Mountain:
    Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
    Jay Price - Indie Anthems

California Screamin:
    DJ Jean - The Launch
    Jay Z & Linkin Park - Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You

Splash Mountain
    Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want
    Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain

Haunted Mansion (Regular)
    Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
    Charlie Clouser - Dead Silence Main Title

Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween
    Korn - Kidnap the Sandy Claus
    Rise Against - Making Christmas

Fantasmic
    The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
    Rammstein - Feuer frei
    New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)

Anyone else use their own music to customize some of the rides at Disneyland?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Re: Bringing your own music on the rides

No.

Comment

Host of the Seraphim is a very nice choice for Mansion - might have to try that one! (though I associate it with Knott's and their vampire themed mazes at this point pretty firmly first thing).
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I used to do this a lot - then in short sequence bruised the holy hell out of my ear when I hit a side pad with the earphone, and later in the day lost my walkman (yes, cassette based, deal with it I'm old). Tried recently but it's just not as much fun for some reason? It takes me really not liking the ride soundtrack to do it.

That being said, I used to be able to time Screamin' perfectly for the Red Hot Chili Pepper's cover of Love Rollercoaster. The ultimate irony for me was blasting that in my ears so I couldn't hear the crappy RHCP song they opted for.
        Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
          No.
          Ditto. That's like going to an art museum and keeping your face buried in your phone the whole time.

And if you're not by yourself, it's extremely rude/anti-social.

Comment

Originally posted by second blue teacup View Post
            Without earphones it makes it possible to join all those conversations taking place on Space Mountain.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Ditto. That's like going to an art museum and keeping your face buried in your phone the whole time.

Question - how is it rude and antisocial on a ride? What social experience is going on there other than all being on the ride together? Wouldn't having a conversation - really the only thing listening to music prevents - be drastically more rude than listening to your own music?
              Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

That's like going to an art museum and keeping your face buried in your phone the whole time.
                Sadly, walling off the world with a digital screen is becoming as common as blocking it out with earbuds. The Louvre is just one of the major museums getting flooded with complaints demanding they mandate at least a few "iPad-free days" every week, due to the hordes of tourists who mob the Mona Lisa and other famous works with their Pads, Pods, phones and point-n'-shoots, rushing from painting to painting like trophy hunters.
                "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Actually yes but only for Space Mountain, and even then not ALL the time. Only when I remember and give myself time to get ready!

When the band Avenged Sevenfold was working on their self-titled album a few years back, one of the draft titles for one of their songs was called "Disneyland Acid Trip". When my cousin and I were watching the bts DVD and they mentioned that and played the clip of the song it immediately got us thinking of SM. Of course the song title was later changed but that stuck in our heads so we tried it out one time and it really did fit weirdly perfectly cos the song is fast paced & being in the dark with the lights, it all blends really well!

That's not to say I don't enjoy the music that SM comes with obviously, but every now and then I do change it up

Comment

No. Disney music is far better.
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I'm ok with turning Space Mountain and California Screaming into Rockin Roller Coaster, just like WDW. I don't really ride those anyway.
                      But I don't understand why take away the soundtrack for the other classic ones.

Comment

Sometimes I will listen to the Main Street Christmas BGM during hot summers days as I walk through MS. I usually just listen to Disneyland music on my iPhone while at Disneyland.
                        As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

One day I rode HM 5-6 times and listened to Kanye's Yeezus over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                            No. Disney music is far better.
                            this

Comment

I do but only with the original soundtrack so like Space mountain there are times when I listen to the first version of audio during the complete ride of space mountain the one that sounds like surf music and the only other ride is Cali screamer I listen to the regular soundtrack seeing that most of the times the speakers don't work or the audio cuts out

Please visit and like my Photography page on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/JalejandroPhotography

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X